Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Shocked - Blockbuster closing
Shocked - Blockbuster closing [message #65718] Sun, 16 January 2011 15:00 Go to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I went down to rent a movie today for my daughter and was shocked to see Big Yellow signs all over the Blockbuster building. They are closing the local store, everything was on sale.

It's not a good sign when you see a movie rental place closing.

I'm going to have to switch to an online company again!

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Shocked - Blockbuster closing [message #65725 is a reply to message #65718] Mon, 17 January 2011 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I've seen the same thing many places. Where I live, Blockbuster has been one of the last to survive, but it's not looking good. I think Red Box and the Blockbuster kiosks are the future, in addition to getting movies through the internet and television networks.
Re: Shocked - Blockbuster closing [message #65735 is a reply to message #65718] Mon, 17 January 2011 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
Yep I am seeing the same. I don't care much for redbox ~ they never have the newest movies (think it's like 28 days after they are released). We have no blockbuster kiosks in the area. I wonder if they will put some in your area since your local store is closing.
Re: Shocked - Blockbuster closing [message #65956 is a reply to message #65718] Thu, 03 February 2011 05:50 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
A lot of the Blockbusters in my area have long closed. There is still one that I know of that is open. I am not sure if they are going to entirely close and just do the home delivery thing or not, but I would imagine that they don't have much in-store business anymore.
Previous Topic: Our Songs <3
Next Topic: Prince's Movies and Soundtracks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 01:13:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout