Home » Audio » Radio » Finally listening again
Finally listening again [message #65560] Tue, 04 January 2011 18:57 Go to next message
Jenny76 is currently offline  Jenny76
Chancellor
Lately I feel so far behind the times. I don't spend much time listening to the radio anymore and it's sad. I used to be the person who knew every single artist and their latest hits. Now, my boyfriend knows more about the new music than I do haha. I really need to get back on track with my music. I miss keeping up with it. The radio's like the best form of shuffle out there, because you truly never know what's coming up next Razz
Re: Finally listening again [message #65653 is a reply to message #65560] Tue, 11 January 2011 10:23 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Jenny76 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 18:57
Lately I feel so far behind the times. I don't spend much time listening to the radio anymore and it's sad. I used to be the person who knew every single artist and their latest hits. Now, my boyfriend knows more about the new music than I do haha. I really need to get back on track with my music. I miss keeping up with it. The radio's like the best form of shuffle out there, because you truly never know what's coming up next Razz

Not if you read Billboard. In any event, Pop music has nosedived since around 1996. During that time they pretty much quit making half million dollar albums and started letting wanna-be rappers "produce" music. What worked for Babyface (a New Jack Swing/R&B singer/producer) they kind of assumed would work for everybody. He was the rare exception.

You haven't missed much. I listened to the radio for 3 years at a job. If you take a look at the billboard hot 100 for each year since the 60's you can clearly see there is a lot more novelty than substance compared to the past. Half the singles released now have less integrity than "disco duck" or "pac man fever."

The quality of radio, including Sirius/XM is AWFUL. extremely compressed and old radio can't reproduce a certain frequency, I think it's 100hz. Technically radio is a nightmare. Next time you are in the car, put on a rather treble heavy CD and then switch over to the radio. You can clearly hear over half the resolution is lost.

Previous Topic: Too Much R&B, Not Enough Hip Hop?
Next Topic: Which stations do you "stream"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:30:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio