Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Disturbing Movies
Disturbing Movies [message #65624] Fri, 07 January 2011 10:57 Go to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
Has anyone else noticed that movies are becoming more disturbing by the year? (Month, really) It seems like people take so much more blood, guts and gore in order to "like" a movie. I personally think movies go too far sometimes. Not that I'm completely against them or anything, but they are so scary that I, as an adult sometimes can't sleep Embarassed
Re: Disturbing Movies [message #65628 is a reply to message #65624] Fri, 07 January 2011 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think movies have gotten tamer. The studios have lately been obsessed with editing movies from R's and PG-13's to PG-13 and PG, respectively. In the past it was just making sure it could avoid an NC-17 rating.

If you've ever seen a comedy afflicated by this you will notice most fo the jokes have disappeared or words are awkwardly edited.

"Kicking and screaming" was obviously planned to be PG-13. I actually noticed the edited out F-Bomb when he spilled the coffee all over himself in that one.

! [message #65658 is a reply to message #65628] Wed, 12 January 2011 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I agree - I think they are getting tamer. Or, at the very least, they are all starting to be just more killing, blood and screaming. I am waiting for something to mess with my mind and give me nightmares again.
Re: Disturbing Movies [message #65807 is a reply to message #65624] Sun, 23 January 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I don't think that they have gotten tamer, I think the rating system has just changed. There are still some nasty, gory movies out there (I stay away from most of them).

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Disturbing Movies [message #65865 is a reply to message #65624] Fri, 28 January 2011 05:28 Go to previous message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
What I notice is improved acting, filming and the growing sophistication of directors to get to the nerves of the audience. Outside of that, I wouldn't say movies have gone worse. Perhaps it's the violent movies that got into you. Yeah, they've gotten more sophisticated too. Take G.I. for instance.

As to me, I'm enjoying pretty well the way they have come up with Avatar, Toy Story, Despicable Me, etc. If you don't like depressing stories, I suggest you simply change the genre of the movies you watch. Watching movies, to me, becomes an investment and not an expense when I come out of them smiling, beaming and feeling better about life.
Previous Topic: Green Hornet "Gangsta's Paradise" Trailer
Next Topic: When is Breaking Dawn coming out?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:54:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio