Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Netflix
Netflix [message #65557] Tue, 04 January 2011 15:42 Go to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
I've been using NetFlix and I like it. I get to make a list of the movies that I want to see, and they send them to me, one at a time. I can keep it for a day or a week or however long I want. Whenever I'm done, I send it back (postage paid), and two days later I have another title.

Whoever thought this up was a genius.
Re: Netflix [message #65767 is a reply to message #65557] Wed, 19 January 2011 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
Do you also have the disc that you can use in a Wii console? I should ask if you have a Wii console first? I love Netflix too, it's great! You can keep the movies for as long as you want and you pay 1 monthly fee.
Re: Netflix [message #65768 is a reply to message #65557] Wed, 19 January 2011 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I use Blockbuster online, I gave up on Netflix. It seemed like it took longer and longer to get the DVD's in the mail when I was using Netflix. Of course this was all before you could watch them on the Wii.

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Netflix [message #65769 is a reply to message #65768] Wed, 19 January 2011 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There have been two or three times in the past two years when the Netflix distribution system suffered serious meltdowns. I remember once about a year ago that took them a week to get resolved. They weren't shipping any DVDs for a whole week.

But that is because they are having huge growing pains. Their business grew faster than their technology or infrastructure could. They've made up for it with their IP-based video distribution, in my opinion. It has gotten to the point now where Netflix video streams are a sizable chunk of the total internet bandwidth.

I'm pretty happy with Netflix, both their mail-in and streaming distribution models. I was skeptical at first, and didn't think I would like the postal mail delivery approach. But I found I really like it. I keep my queue full, and they keep 'em coming. Those little red envelopes are like surprise packages in the mailbox.

Re: Netflix [message #66034 is a reply to message #65767] Mon, 07 February 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I know I'm late, but I still haven't signed up for Netflix. I guess it is either that or Redbox for video rentals anymore, since Blockbuster is pretty much a thing of the past. Actually, I just order movies that I want to see directly from Comcast.
Re: Netflix [message #66075 is a reply to message #65557] Thu, 10 February 2011 16:51 Go to previous message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I agree, whoever came up with Netflix is a genius. It is one of my favorite things to use as well. I don't know where I'd be (movie renting wise) if it weren't for Netflix.
Previous Topic: Old Classics
Next Topic: Classic Cartoons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 20:26:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout