Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Forrest Gump
Re: Forrest Gump [message #65513 is a reply to message #62457] Mon, 03 January 2011 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woodfree is currently offline  woodfree
Baron
This movie made a huge impact on me that I remember how I felt back in the day when I was in the movie theatre watching it! It has life lessons that everyone can relate to. Simply one of the classics! Smile
Re: Forrest Gump [message #65527 is a reply to message #62668] Mon, 03 January 2011 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusikLover is currently offline  MusikLover
Esquire

The soundtrack is, for me, the best part of forrest Gump. You can tell what era he is in by the music they are playing. That goes along with the historical clips, as mentioned earlier, and it is fun to see how they worked the clips into the movie.
Re: Forrest Gump [message #65533 is a reply to message #62457] Mon, 03 January 2011 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This was originally a book. The book is mediocre at best.

HOWEVER, after the success of the movie, there were two sequels released based on the movie's version of the characters ather than the original book. I've read the second one and it works. Highly recommended.

Ignore the first book and get the movie and the sequel books.

I'm just surprised at how people that loved the movie are not willing to read the sequel, even though planned, it seems the script isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Re: Forrest Gump [message #65699 is a reply to message #65533] Sat, 15 January 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I enjoy watching Gump whenever the mood strikes. I think the naivety of his character is what I like the best. Wish I could go thru life in that manner.

My favorite Hank's movie is Apollo 13, though. I've seen it at least 100 times. I'm a big space fan.
Re: Forrest Gump [message #65803 is a reply to message #62457] Sun, 23 January 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I love Forrest Gump too, both for the story and for the truly excellent soundtrack. I love just about every song on there.

Apollo 13 was a great film too.
Re: Forrest Gump [message #66035 is a reply to message #65699] Mon, 07 February 2011 14:02 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I did see that this was on TV last night. I watched a few minutes of it, but switched it. I've seen it enough times and didn't feel like looking at it again. It's ok and all that, but just seen it enough...
Previous Topic: Where do you get your new music from?
Next Topic: Old Classics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:46:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout