Home » Audio » Home Theater » Looking for a Flat Panel HD TV
Looking for a Flat Panel HD TV [message #65504] Sun, 02 January 2011 11:42 Go to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I have been looking at flat panel TV's in the stores to replace our current TV. We haven't yet decided whether it will be plasma or LCD, but I am confused with some of the quality I am looking at. There are some TV's with a picture that is very inferior to others, I wonder how they can be sold. Would it be because of the hookup within the store? I am wondering because other TVs have a great picture along the same aisle.

I was looking at brands LG, RCA, Sony and Phillips. LG was looking good then I would see another LG that wasn't so great. For a bright, sharp picture, is there a minimum specification I should be looking for, and are the specs the same whether it is plasma or LCD?

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Looking for a Flat Panel HD TV [message #65686 is a reply to message #65504] Thu, 13 January 2011 22:46 Go to previous message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I believe the most important specification for a good picture is 1080p resolution, for both plasma and LCD. I like Vizio for the price, but the brands you're looking at are good too.
Previous Topic: Cable Signal & Receiver
Next Topic: 3D TVs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:03:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout