Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Romantic Comedy Recommendations?
Romantic Comedy Recommendations? [message #65388] Tue, 21 December 2010 19:24 Go to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I have a lot of good action, adventure, and horror movies in my collection, but the one genre I'm always short on is romantic comedy. I simply haven't found any movie that isn't so corny that I'm not entertained longer than half an hour.

Does anyone know any good ones that are worth watching? I admit that I haven't seen all that many, but it'd be nice to take a break from my other movies and watch something different for a change.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: Romantic Comedy Recommendations? [message #65437 is a reply to message #65388] Tue, 28 December 2010 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Well, it's an oldie but I loved 'Overboard' with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell; it was made in 1987. You gotta see it at least once. I am also a Sandra Bullock fan and loved an early movie she made at Christmastime called 'While You Were Sleeping'. That is one among several Christmas movies I watch each year.

For something more current.... not sure, but I like Katherine Heigl in just about any movie she makes.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Romantic Comedy Recommendations? [message #65455 is a reply to message #65437] Wed, 29 December 2010 21:53 Go to previous message
woodfree is currently offline  woodfree
Baron
I suggest you try "As Good As It Gets", starring Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. It's a feel-good, romantic story and is very entertaining. There are a lot of memorable moments in this film.
Previous Topic: Eat, pray, love
Next Topic: Is "Black Rain" The Best "Cop-Duo" Movie?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:02:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio