Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Storage
Storage [message #65435] Tue, 28 December 2010 12:22 Go to next message
Anonymous
How do you store your music so that you don't lose it in this digital age? On CDs, on your computer, on your iPod, or some combination therein?
Re: Storage [message #65540 is a reply to message #65435] Mon, 03 January 2011 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Isn't it absolutely amazing the options we have? You mentioned so many types of storage and it made me think that I probably have pieces of music stored on all of them. I do however, subscribe to Dell's storage application via the internet. I have scheduled backups of my most important files, which includes my music, and I get an automatic backup done each week. The cool thing is, I don't have to remember to backup these items, as it automatically starts and saves everything whether I'm using my computer or not. Of course I have to have my computer on at all times, but I have done that for many years anyway. I pay an annual fee, about $60, for this capability and can at least be sure that my data is backed up regularly.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Storage [message #65542 is a reply to message #65435] Mon, 03 January 2011 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
I am very paranoid about this. I have over 40 Gigs of music and I am always afraid of losing it somehow. I actually have then saved in 3 different hard drives besides being on my iPod and computer. I am so thankful that hard drives are so cheap now a days. You can get a 500 gigs for $60.
Re: Storage [message #65586 is a reply to message #65542] Thu, 06 January 2011 02:58 Go to previous message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
I also have about 100 GB of music stored in my external drive. Most of them are MP3 backup's from my CD collection. I haven't used Blu-ray Disks before but I guess it is a good way to have another backup for our music data.
Previous Topic: The Vampire Diaries
Next Topic: Watching In Theaters or At Home?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:35:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio