Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi vent question
4 Pi vent question [message #65296] Wed, 15 December 2010 21:29 Go to next message
blvdre is currently offline  blvdre
Baron
Hi Wayne, I have a question concerning the square vent of the 4Pi, specifically whether a round vent of equal area and volume could be substituted without sacrificing performance. I ask this question only in the interest of making the build a bit easier, or at least seemingly so.
Re: 4 Pi vent answer [message #65298 is a reply to message #65296] Wed, 15 December 2010 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a pretty common question, but the answer is there isn't enough room on the baffle to make a round port with that much area. It really isn't that hard to make the rectangular horn, it's just a few pieces of wood. It looks cool too.

Re: 4 Pi vent answer [message #65302 is a reply to message #65298] Thu, 16 December 2010 06:15 Go to previous message
blvdre is currently offline  blvdre
Baron
Ah, that makes sense. Rectangle it is then. It does look good (when properly executed Wink, and if it comes out a bit rough, my plan is to paint the inside of the port black anyway. Thanks for the help Wayne.
Previous Topic: Three π f3, f10?
Next Topic: Soffit (Flush Mount) Reference Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:15:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout