Home » Audio » General » Headphone Losing Sound
Headphone Losing Sound [message #65274] Tue, 14 December 2010 07:45 Go to next message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
My headphone has a problem. When I plugged it in, sometimes there is a sound only on one side. There are times that there is no sound at all when I plugged it in. What could be the problem here?
Re: Headphone Losing Sound [message #65275 is a reply to message #65274] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woodfree is currently offline  woodfree
Baron
The wiring on your headphones could be damaged, and could be beyond repair. That usually happens to me. Very frustraing! You might need to buy new headphones already.
Re: Headphone Losing Sound [message #65282 is a reply to message #65274] Tue, 14 December 2010 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Try another set of headphones. Go get whatever is about three dollars from a local big box store or something from a dollar store.

If you don't hear any humming or crackling, I suspect the jack is the problem considering it is somewhat delicate and the plugs on the ends of headphones are not.

So try out another cheap pair and if there is no problem, and considering the brand and model, you may be able to replace the cord only, but if they are cheap, just replace the whole thing.

Re: Headphone Losing Sound [message #65339 is a reply to message #65274] Sat, 18 December 2010 12:33 Go to previous message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
I have replaced my headphone already and I tinkered on the damaged headphone. I opened it and there was no problem with its connections. Then I stripped the wire and there are parts of the wires where it was cut.
Previous Topic: Music Hit List
Next Topic: Is Alpine The Best Car Stereo Manufacturer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:40:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio