Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music Downloads
Music Downloads [message #64935] Sat, 27 November 2010 11:43 Go to next message
DrumRoll is currently offline  DrumRoll
Chancellor
I like using Walmart.com for purchasing music for my mp3 player, though there are times when I have had trouble at that site either listening to music samples or finding particular songs. The price isn't bad either, but I'm wondering if there are any other secure sites that offer all kinds of music at a good price?
Re: Music Downloads [message #64939 is a reply to message #64935] Sat, 27 November 2010 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can buy "imported" MP3s from eastern Europe for pennies on the dollar. These sites claim they pay royalties as well when applicable, but I've heard they are committing piracy by some. I don't know who to believe. The labels are more than willing to make you believe you are breaking the law to maximize their sales.

Just like a Japanese pressing may cost twice as much, there are countries where their imports are much cheaper than the standard versions.

A good example of this is Chinese video games. A game there might cost about 3 bucks. Companies charge whatever will maximize profits and sales based on the local economy.

Do a google search for the songs and buy whatever is cheapest.

Re: Music Downloads [message #64944 is a reply to message #64935] Sat, 27 November 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
I have never used anything but iTunes. Is it possible to use the music I buy on Walmart.com on my iPod. Have you bought music from Amazon.com?
Re: Music Downloads [message #64947 is a reply to message #64944] Sat, 27 November 2010 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Clueless wrote on Sat, 27 November 2010 19:34
I have never used anything but iTunes. Is it possible to use the music I buy on Walmart.com on my iPod. Have you bought music from Amazon.com?

No I have not. Sorry but the only medium I will pay money for is Redbook or better. I think it'll stay that way until filter-free 320Kbps Mp3's are available for sale. I have no problem with MP3's though. They usually only start rolling off frequencies past 16K which is my realistic limitation of hearing at a normal listening volume. So the quality considerations are usually a moot point on the high quality stuff. Be very suspect and investigate thoroughly before buying anything lower than 256Kbps. Older albums are usually okay though because the master tapes usually didn't pick up the frequencies that MP3's sweep out.

Re: Music Downloads [message #64972 is a reply to message #64944] Sun, 28 November 2010 17:10 Go to previous message
DrumRoll is currently offline  DrumRoll
Chancellor
Clueless wrote on Sat, 27 November 2010 19:34

From what I have read, the iPod can play mp3 and wav formats of music, and Walmart sells mp3. Don't know if Walmart still sells the wav format, which is a format you can use to record on CDs and play them on your CD player. I think because of copyright issues they switched to mp3 only. Doing price comparisons, Walmart has been cheaper than Amazon.com. For a single that has just hit the charts you can expect to pay $1.24. After a few months, the price may drop to .99 for that song.
Previous Topic: Opening this weekend.... November 12
Next Topic: Chicken or Egg ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:59:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout