Home » Audio » General » What's the Verdict on the iPad?
What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #64794] Sun, 21 November 2010 20:25 Go to next message
DrumRoll is currently offline  DrumRoll
Chancellor
I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the iPad? I am thinking about getting one, but $600 is pretty steep for me and I am wondering how long I should wait to see if the price will come down. If you have an iPad, what do you use it for? Mostly internet? DVD? TV? How often do you use it?
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #64816 is a reply to message #64794] Mon, 22 November 2010 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
DrumRoll wrote on Sun, 21 November 2010 20:25
I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the iPad? I am thinking about getting one, but $600 is pretty steep for me and I am wondering how long I should wait to see if the price will come down. If you have an iPad, what do you use it for? Mostly internet? DVD? TV? How often do you use it?

iPad-2 rumored to be released in April '11. Thought the iPad would be a nice Christams present for the family, but I'm gonna hold off.....C
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65063 is a reply to message #64794] Wed, 01 December 2010 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greysanatfan
Esquire
Wow, $600? I didn't know it was that expensive! I think it looks neat, but part of me also supposes it is too similar to other products that have been released recently, like the iPod Touch. The iPad seems like a novel thing and not really useful.
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65075 is a reply to message #64794] Wed, 01 December 2010 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
Wow if the newest iPad is coming out that soon, I would wait and see how much the price drops for the first iPad. I know a lot of times a month or so prior to the new one being released, they discount the older version.

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65307 is a reply to message #64794] Thu, 16 December 2010 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
udailey
Chancellor
We absolutely love ours. We sit in bed and watch Survivor or Modern Family on it. Wife uses it for email and Facebook. Suppose I would to but I just cant get into Facebook. Have ticked off several friends because I dont use it anymore.
Anyway, I use the IPAD for a real time analyzer, decibel meter, tower defense games to pass the time, as well as my favorite application which is as a remote control for VLC Media Player. I run VLC on my laptop. Put the laptop near the system and plug USB to my DAC. Sit on the couch and browse all 496GB of songs on my USB drive that is attached to the laptop via a IPAD app called VLC Remote. I can then play any tune, adjust volume, rewind FF Pause (all the CDP type functions)browse to a new song, create a playlist, etc.. And this all happens instantly. There is zero lag and I love it.
Also, we have two young children. The oldest, 4, can use it on long trips to play little educational games or watch movies.
With 3G it acts as a GPS and gets us where we are going. We leave the house and THEN look for restaurants to go to and once we find one we then search for coupons for it. Smile Love that little thing.
Uriah

If you would like to build a Lighter Note or Lightspeed please see www.buildanamp.com for LDRs and kits.
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65347 is a reply to message #65307] Sat, 18 December 2010 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
My husband and brother in law have one. I am on the fence. I am still making a list of the things that I really need. There are so many tablets coming out that I am sure the things that I really need can be met by something cheaper than $600. However, the jury is still out.
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65375 is a reply to message #64794] Mon, 20 December 2010 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
Uriah, you are definitely getting your moneys worth there! My friend has one and seems happy enough with it but she tends to be the same with every new product, for a short while! It's way too expensive for me to even think about it.
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65377 is a reply to message #64794] Mon, 20 December 2010 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
udailey
Chancellor
We truly do use it a lot. I have an Android device, well to be honest we have 3 Android devices and they are great for email and gps and I can also use 2 of them as remotes but the screen is not as large. The IPAD is just extremely easy to use and I prefer it to the Android devices so far.
Uriah

If you would like to build a Lighter Note or Lightspeed please see www.buildanamp.com for LDRs and kits.
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65379 is a reply to message #64794] Mon, 20 December 2010 14:38 Go to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I had thought about purchasing an e-reader because of their flexibility and price. One thing they don't do however, is let you play DVDs, nor do they have as many apps as the iPad. I am going to wait to see if the price drops this spring, and will also look at the iPad competition to see if they are comparable.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Previous Topic: What's on your iPod ?
Next Topic: OT: Good-bye PC, Hello iMac!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:28:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio