Home » Audio » General » Music is amazing
Music is amazing [message #64425] Thu, 21 October 2010 15:19 Go to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
When I am upset, music is a huge part of my recovery. I can't imagine there not being any music to listen to. When I'm upset, I get lost in the lyrics and sing my heart out. It always stops me from crying.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64443 is a reply to message #64425] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
Really? Next time try listening to REM's "Everybody Hurts" or Sinead O'Conner's " Nothing Compares 2U" and try to keep from crying. If you can do can that,then you don't have a heart. Very Happy

I'm just kidding. Music helps me a lot too.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64505 is a reply to message #64425] Tue, 26 October 2010 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
Yeah, music can really set a mood - from romantic, to sad, to happy, etc. There is also some perfect music to walk to - I have lots of cool stuff on my ipod.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64646 is a reply to message #64505] Thu, 11 November 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
Music can also take you back. Put on anything from the 80's and I am right back in high school. (And somehow I still know all the words!)

Re: Music is amazing [message #64725 is a reply to message #64425] Tue, 16 November 2010 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billie is currently offline  Billie
Chancellor
Like everyone here, music is part of my life. When I am really down, I play music non stop, no lyrics, just music.

For some bizare reason, I listen until I cry,then I am able to pick myself up and rejoin the land of happiness.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64733 is a reply to message #64425] Tue, 16 November 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
This reminds me of the song "Thank You For The Music" by ABBA. I'm not sure if that is the title of the song but I agree that music affects our lives. I wonder what our world will be like without music.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64760 is a reply to message #64425] Fri, 19 November 2010 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scots Rich is currently offline  Scots Rich
Chancellor
I would cry if I didn't have music in my life - although I am completely tone deaf and can't play a note. Music is a part of the rhythm of life.

Rich
Re: Music is amazing [message #64772 is a reply to message #64425] Fri, 19 November 2010 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrumRoll is currently offline  DrumRoll
Chancellor
I like the way music can calm me or energize me. My sons play soccer and prior to a game they will turn up their music to get their adrenaline flowing, which in effect readies their bodies for intense physical play. Music is quite profound in the power it can have.
Re: Music is amazing [message #64785 is a reply to message #64425] Sun, 21 November 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacks is currently offline  Jacks
Chancellor
I've never encountered anything that has the affect on mood that music does.

I can make folks cry by playing "The Circle Game" by Joni Mitchell, laugh by playing "Million Dollars" by the BareNaked Ladies, or twist them with some old Leonard Cohen.

There's a 'color' to music, and with it we weave a kaleidascope.
Re: Music is amazing [message #65155 is a reply to message #64425] Fri, 03 December 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
You are 100% right, music is amazing. Music lifts my spirits when I'm feeling blue and calms me down when I'm overly excited. I love to blare my radio in the car and sing at the top of my lungs!
Previous Topic: San Antonio - River City Audio Society
Next Topic: DJ Hero
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:20:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout