Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Where/what is the information about the drivers, etc for the 2Pi models?
Where/what is the information about the drivers, etc for the 2Pi models? [message #64718] Mon, 15 November 2010 17:27 Go to next message
Frihed89 is currently offline  Frihed89
Baron
I can't find it. I want to know what the options for the tweeter, wave guide, and woofer are, or is this something we have to source for ourselves (which i doubt)?

Is there a published electrical load/phase diagram(s) for either of these models? All I know is that the min impedance is 4 ohms (don't know the frequency) and that is not good for driving a 2A3 or 45 at the 94dB sensitivity of the speakers, or so I am told.
Re: Where/what is the information about the drivers, etc for the 2Pi models? [message #64719 is a reply to message #64718] Mon, 15 November 2010 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The impedance of the load is really more problematic for tube amps when it rises, so Zmax is probably the bigger issue for you. Fortunately, Zmax is very low. Great for tubes.

There are no driver options for the one π, two π or two π tower speakers. The only drivers available are the standard parts. Some of the larger models have optional upgrade drivers, but not the one π or two π loudspeakers.

The drivers (and associated PDF specifications files) are listed on this page:
Here's the response and impedance charts for the two π tower:

http://www.pispeakers.com/Measurements/twoPi_tower_response.jpg
two π tower response

http://www.pispeakers.com/Measurements/twoPi_tower_impedance.jpg
two π tower impedance

Re: Where/what is the information about the drivers, etc for the 2Pi models? [message #64726 is a reply to message #64718] Tue, 16 November 2010 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frihed89 is currently offline  Frihed89
Baron
Thanks very much. I'm looking for a non-horn speaker for a 2A3 amp in my future. I have other speakers that work well for the 300B and PP triode amp I have.
Re: Where/what is the information about the drivers, etc for the 2Pi models? [message #64745 is a reply to message #64726] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:37 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I ran my set of Two Pi Towers with a 12B4 Set amp putting out about 0.9W to moderately loud volumes. You won't have any trouble running any of the three models you asked about with a 2A3. For non-horn speakers they have a very good sensitivity rating.
Previous Topic: One more time
Next Topic: More Fun with Capacitors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:52:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout