Home » Audio » General » Headed Home!
Headed Home! [message #64636] Wed, 10 November 2010 16:28 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Well gang, first off, I apologize for not being a more active poster! Over the last several years life has been pretty darn busy! But the turn of a friendly card (tribute to Alan Parsons) has landed me a position back in my "home town" of Portland, OR. I will be moving from the great city of Tulsa where it was my good fortune to meet many fine people including audio folks (like Wayne, Norris and a host of others), so it is a bitter sweet time. Not unlike having to move from Columbus a few years ago where it was my pleasure to meet Speakerman57 and Bill E. The audio community is fantastic and every place I go I meet incredible new people. At any rate, thanks to my Tulsa buddies who helped to make the last 3 years fun and interesting. Thanks to my Columbus buddies who did the same there, and hey, you Portland guys, is the Oregon Triode Society still operating? Hello boys, I'm back!
By the way, my wife and I will be in temp housing for several months which means limited audio stuff. But (wife doesn't know this yet) I mailed myself a vintage Scott 222C and my digital setup (Mac + PS Audio DAC). Now all I need are some good speakers for an apartment. I was kind of thinking about those little monitors Fred showed at the '09 (I think) LSAF. Or, Echo Hi-Fi is literally 3 blocks from my apartment, maybe I'll search there, too. Any suggestions for small monitors for 14 watts?
Re: Headed Home! [message #64645 is a reply to message #64636] Thu, 11 November 2010 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip Pack is currently offline  Skip Pack
Baron
Steve,

I live (sort of) on the way to Portland, and may
have a temporary solution at no charge. Please
drop me an email at myfirstname a-----t delta golf
india spot company.

Skip
Re: Headed Home! [message #64647 is a reply to message #64636] Thu, 11 November 2010 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Steve,

I believe that I can say that you will surely be missed by your friends in Tulsa.

It has been an honor for Diana and myself to make yours and Ronna's acquaintance.

There will be allot of distance between us, but you will not be forgotten. You will be thought of often.

We are hoping to hear from the two of you from time to time. And I know we will see you on the forums when life gets back to normal after your transition from Tulsa to Portland.

So, have a safe trip to your new/old home. It is just another leg of your journey.

Best of luck in your new position, teaching others.

Keep in touch, and always have fun.

Sincerely,

Norris and Diana Wilson
Re: Headed Home! [message #64671 is a reply to message #64645] Sat, 13 November 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Skip, thanks for the offer but I flew into Portland yesterday. On top of that, my "luxury" temp living apartment is MUCH smaller than I thought. I may be limited to headphones. I could set speakers next to the TV, but it is the CRT type and will require shielded woofers (I'm guessing). Oh well!
Re: Headed Home! [message #64679 is a reply to message #64671] Sun, 14 November 2010 08:42 Go to previous message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Steve,

Maybe the Fonken would work for your needs. All you would need is to get a local shop to cut up a sheet of 0.5" Baltic Birch. Then, use the shielded version of the Fostex driver.
There is a floor standing version that is narrow, having a small foot print that should easily fit beside your TV.

Check it out!

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/boxes-fostex.html#FS-fonken

Norris
Previous Topic: CALM Bill
Next Topic: House-wide Intercom System
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:18:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio