Home » Audio » General » Welcome to BuildAnAmp.com!
Welcome to BuildAnAmp.com! [message #64577] Wed, 03 November 2010 21:51 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

AudioRoundTable.com would like to welcome our newest sponsor, BuildAnAmp.com. We're proud to include them here at the Round Table.

Those of you that were at the 2010 Lone Star Audiofest may remember Uriah Dailey and his Lightspeed LDR attenuator. Everyone was very impressed with it.

BuildAnAmp.com is the internet home for the Lightspeed LDR attenuator, and AudioRoundTable.com is the internet home for their support forum. There will no doubt be many interesting discussions in the new BuildAnAmp.com Support Forum, here at ART.

We at AudioRoundTable.com are very pleased to be affiliated with BuildAnAmp.com.

Re: Welcome to BuildAnAmp.com! [message #64579 is a reply to message #64577] Wed, 03 November 2010 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
udailey
Chancellor
Thanks Wayne. I will start posting in the support forum beginning with a manual of how to assemble the Lighter Note attenuator.
If you all are interested to know what it is there are a few posts out there about the LN. A quick google search for "lighter note attenuator" or "lighter note ldr" comes up with several posts by users.
This will be the first time I have posted about the Lighter Note in any fashion other than a quick response. Glad to be doing so in Wayne's world.

Here is a guy that has built my first iteration as well as the second. The red boards are the first version I offered. The green are new and the entire circuit is now on one board rather than three.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1411554
Here is another guy that built version 1 who seems pretty enthusiastic. I have had zero complaints about the sound, only thanks. Its been a very fun project and its a thrill to have guys build and enjoy it so much.
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98242

Well, I will get to the forum hopefully tomorrow. I want to tear my pdf manual down into a word document and then copy paste it onto the support forum.
Uriah

If you would like to build a Lighter Note or Lightspeed please see www.buildanamp.com for LDRs and kits.
Re: Welcome to BuildAnAmp.com! [message #64582 is a reply to message #64579] Wed, 03 November 2010 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That sounds great, Uriah! Interesting links too, by the way.

I love my Lighter Note, it just sounds great. I rarely buy gear at shows but I'm glad I bought the Lighter Note. I do need a switcher and prefer a remote, so I'll be glad to see that evolution as time permits...

Anyway, glad to have you onboard here at AudioRoundTable.com!

Re: Welcome to BuildAnAmp.com! [message #65304 is a reply to message #64582] Thu, 16 December 2010 11:57 Go to previous message
udailey
Chancellor
Okay, as usual I am slower than I anticipate. I have tried to convert my PDF manual to a word document so that I can view the HTML and copy/paste that into the forum. Not working well at all. I had it finally done and as soon as I saved it the formatting went to hell. So I am going to attach the manual. I wish I could just paste the whole thing in so that it can be the first few posts of this thread but its just not working out that way.
Here is the manual folks:

If you would like to build a Lighter Note or Lightspeed please see www.buildanamp.com for LDRs and kits.
Previous Topic: Christmas Wishlist
Next Topic: What Are Your Top 5 Favorite Headphone Brands?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:34:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio