Home » Audio » General » Ear health
Re: Ear health [message #64264 is a reply to message #62008] Mon, 11 October 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cuzido is currently offline  cuzido
Chancellor
Dizzy wrote on Mon, 08 March 2010 05:59
Whatever happened to common sense?! We all know that loud noises can damage hearing. So just don't crank up the music that loud. Its all under your own control!

Dizzy definitely has a point here. Also, I didn't know about pain meds causing hearing problems or problems with your ears. About nine months ago I had some sort of sinus mess or something and my right ear just got stopped up or something and I know not hearing is awful. I found out I had slight hearing loss in both ears. My mom and dad have hearing loss too so I just assumed it ran in the family. I have certain conditions that have kept me on pain meds for years now. Suddenly, I wonder if that has anything to do with it too. Smile
Sensitive ear drums [message #64276 is a reply to message #61930] Mon, 11 October 2010 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
I can't use headsets for more than an hour and not get my ears hurt. I don't know but I think I got very sensitive ear drums. I can't even talk on the phone for more than an hour. It makes my ears bleed. Thank God I'm not working in a Call Center.
Re: Ear health [message #64283 is a reply to message #61930] Mon, 11 October 2010 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
I think the only time it can create any problems is if you play your music really loud. Other than that, you should be perfectly fine Smile
Re: Sensitive ear drums [message #64284 is a reply to message #64276] Mon, 11 October 2010 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
Mine can get like that too. A lot of the times it's just because you have been exposed to too much loud music or sounds. Is this true for you?
Re: Sensitive ear drums [message #64467 is a reply to message #64284] Sat, 23 October 2010 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
No, I always keep the volume at minimum level and I hate disco houses because their music is too loud. Even talking on the phone for more than an hour hurt my ears too. Good thing because it means I won't spend too much on phone bills. Very Happy
Re: Ear health [message #64479 is a reply to message #61930] Mon, 25 October 2010 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
OK, but what good is music when you can't listen to it loud?! And when I go to a concert, I make sure that I am up front, and yes, my ears ring for a few days, but it is soooo worth it!
Re: Ear health [message #64480 is a reply to message #61930] Mon, 25 October 2010 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
AC/DC you have to have loud, Pink Floyd you don't. I only use earphones periodically, and when I do, they're never up that loud. I guess I'm getting old.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Ear health [message #64482 is a reply to message #61930] Mon, 25 October 2010 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
I think ear health is rather like the smoking issue. Most people who are abusing themselves tend to know it's probably going to damage them at some unknown future point, but the here and now pleasure is too much to resist!
Re: Ear health [message #64485 is a reply to message #64482] Mon, 25 October 2010 08:45 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wonderwoll makes a good point. We all do things we know are bad for us. I try to protect my ear health but sometimes I just want to turn it up!
Previous Topic: Sound sickness?
Next Topic: Is it called pacemaker?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:38:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout