Home » Audio » General » Advice for the ignorant? (I don't know squat about audio, so I'm looking for some direction)
Advice for the ignorant? [message #64407] Wed, 20 October 2010 18:26
Paudash28 is currently offline  Paudash28
Esquire
Ok - I'm not a big audio guy, so I need some direction. I put in a home theater room with 116" projection TV and chose a Pioneer VSX1020-k receiver. Since I can do a 9.1 surround system, I'm planning on using my older Klipsch Quintets for the front-high and rear surround speakers. What I'm deciding is this --Should I get a set of Klipsch WF34 towers (Ultimate electronics has a pair of floor samples for $235/ea) or go ahead with these Monitor Radius 270s that Amazon has for $379/pair ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y9KGHE/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER ). Anyone heard the Monitors? The Klipsch do sound great, but I have to admit that I really like the styling on the Monitors (especially the center channel). My wallet is also aching from the expense of the whole setup so saving a couple hundred dollars doesn't sound like a bad idea right now. FWIW, if I go with the Klipsch, anyone want to recommend an appropriate subwoofer? On that same note, is it foolish to use the old Klipsch for the 2ndary speakers?
Previous Topic: Buzzing mic
Next Topic: APE Jukebox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 21:31:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout