Home » Audio » General » Electronics Courses
Electronics Courses [message #64357] Mon, 18 October 2010 04:57 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I am somewhat handy, and I know how to "connect" my soundsystems, but I am not so good when it comes to the inner workings of it all. Is it possible to take a short course somewhere? I am not trying to get a degree, or anything, but I would like to maybe learn a little more...
Re: Electronics Courses [message #64367 is a reply to message #64357] Mon, 18 October 2010 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
That's a great idea and you never know, it may develop into a life long hobby. I am pretty sure that there will be some kind of local education center offering this type of thing. Why not have a look in the library - I find lots of things available in my area are advertised there.
Re: Electronics Courses [message #64389 is a reply to message #64357] Tue, 19 October 2010 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You might as well get the degree.

The two books I have on analogue electronics encompass a masters degree, which is why we didn't use the whole book in either case.

It's an insanely difficult subject to learn if you actually care about why things happen.

Re: Electronics Courses [message #64393 is a reply to message #64389] Wed, 20 October 2010 06:48 Go to previous message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
The web site that you're on is your short course buddy Laughing Seriously though, if all you want to do is learn more for your own personal gain, not to make a living from the knowledge, then read some well written, relevant material on the subject.

No need really to spend a lot of time and money on something that is just a hobby, right?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Previous Topic: Sound's highest achievement
Next Topic: Invention of the first Audio Equipment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 09:46:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout