Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling
Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6377 is a reply to message #6375] Sun, 29 January 2006 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, isn`t that a Little Richard`s song? One of my favorites, hehe...

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6378 is a reply to message #6377] Sun, 29 January 2006 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Your absolutely correct; that was Little Richard.

"You say you love me and you can't come in", I never could figure those lyrics out. Does he mean the girl can't meet him because she has prior committments? Or maybe she doesn't trust herself to behave around him so she feels that it would be a bad idea if she came in the door?

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6379 is a reply to message #6378] Sun, 29 January 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It`s all about sex, you know...those frustrated and energetic r`n`r teenagers...huh...

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6380 is a reply to message #6379] Sun, 29 January 2006 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
A lot deeper than " She Loves you yaaa yaaa yaaa!"

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6381 is a reply to message #6380] Sun, 29 January 2006 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The thematic of many Gof4 songs is love in real life, somebody wrote (about their songs) something like that:"Love is not a shelter from Capitalism, but the extension of it".

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6382 is a reply to message #6381] Sun, 29 January 2006 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats providing you believe that the notion of human love is an emotional construct; thats debatable. The notion that love is an emotion is even debatable. It's a chemical attraction in the rest of nature.
So what is the element thats being exploited here?

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6383 is a reply to message #6376] Sun, 29 January 2006 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First one that came to mind as 'classic punk' -- Brit punk
in this case -- is The Anti-Nowhere League.

That's one that should stay in play.

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6385 is a reply to message #6382] Mon, 30 January 2006 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, they have interesting lyrics...statements/thinking of people where you don`t know what is the media commercials and what are the true emotions...very political stuff...you`d like it

Re: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling [message #6386 is a reply to message #6383] Mon, 30 January 2006 07:20 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
To me - first one that came to my mind as "classic punk" is Sex Pistols.
I listen a little to 2nd wave of punk bands, I mentioned ANL and UK-Subs in "Dungeon", but I didn`t like them a lot. And "Mochicans- Punks not dead" movement was definitely stupid to me..."conservative" punk?!
Few months ago I watched "Punk" documentary movie, filmed in Manchester, about `77. Bands like Clash, Jam, Stranglers, Buzzcocks, Siuxsie and the Banshees; they included frenetic Iggy concert tracks and some other bands. In the movie "24hrs party people" they used many scenes from this documentary...everything started with Pistols concert `76...they played "No Fun"...fantastic

Previous Topic: The Princess Bride
Next Topic: Eagles DVD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 10:45:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout