Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Eagles DVD
Eagles DVD [message #6384] Sun, 29 January 2006 21:40 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I bought the Farewell Tour 1 DVD and played it through my 2 channel setup several months ago and was really disappointed. So fast forward to last week when I finally got a TV to finish off my cheapo HT setup. I played this DVD again and was really amazed. Evidently it's designed to be played on at least 5.1?
The differance was so startling I sat and listened to the whole thing. I enjoy watching groups that perform without crazy antics. I'm no music critic but to me those guys are one of the tightest bands I've ever heard.
I have a Phillips 27" TV, Denon 755/1910 DVD player and a Pioneer VSX-D 309 receiver with 4 KLH 17's for front & rear and a Wharfdale D-40 for center channel. The only thing I bought new was the Denon and it's a refurbished model Nice sound for a inexpensive setup. I have a little over 400.00 in the whole setup.

Re: Eagles DVD [message #6387 is a reply to message #6384] Mon, 30 January 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've noticed a lot of material done this way. Used to be that a lot of DVD's had settings for two channel or five channel sound, but sometimes these days the option is gone. Kinda sucks if they've mixed the sound where it doesn't sound good on two channels.

Re: Eagles DVD [message #6388 is a reply to message #6387] Mon, 30 January 2006 18:53 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
It sure had me going for a while. My 2 channel setup is somewhat better than the HT rig. The only reason I played that DVD was I had just gotten a used TV and wanted to watch something besides The Princess Bride for the 300th time
You would think they could at least note on the box what it's mixed for. Maybe they assume nobody watches a DVD in 2 channel.

Previous Topic: Re-Master Vinyl of London Calling
Next Topic: Belatedly, A Good Mozart List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:18:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout