Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills?
Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills? [message #63802] Tue, 10 August 2010 19:11 Go to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Is there anybody who still listen to the Sound of Music?
Re: Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills? [message #63825 is a reply to message #63802] Wed, 11 August 2010 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Timer is currently offline  Old Timer
Chancellor
Yes, I still listen to the soundtrack that I have had since the movie was released. It is a bit crackly but no matter. I know the songs so well I sing along every time.
Re: Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills? [message #63830 is a reply to message #63825] Wed, 11 August 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Good to hear that the hills are still ringing with the Sound of Music. Some songs are timeless in their universal appeal.
Re: Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills? [message #64078 is a reply to message #63802] Wed, 22 September 2010 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
The answer is a resounding Yes!, at least in my home. I will never get tired watching this classic.

I read somewhere that in South Korea they use this movie in teaching and learning English.

Hmm, talk about imaginative creativity.
Re: Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills? [message #64108 is a reply to message #64078] Sun, 26 September 2010 10:25 Go to previous message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
Interesting to think of people using this movie to learn English. Makes sense though as the pronunciation is quite clear. I have also heard of a tour where the film was shown in theatres along with subtitles. Evidently the audience dress up and sing along, sounds Rocky Horror like.
Previous Topic: Inception
Next Topic: Eddy Murphy?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 06:51:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout