Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd [message #63570] Fri, 30 July 2010 00:52 Go to next message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

I absolutely love Pink Floyd. Their brand of space rock is groundbreaking!

I just recently bought the dvd Pink Floyd : Live in Pompeii and oh boy, I was rooted in my seat 'till the very end! It literally blew my mind out when I'm playing it in total silence and loud!

I was wondering if you nice people have any other recommendations on other bands that have this same sound or something similar.

Do share!

The lunatics are in the hall.
Re: Pink Floyd [message #63573 is a reply to message #63570] Fri, 30 July 2010 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
Pretty much every Floyd fanatic would argue that there is nothing that can come close to them. For curiosities sake I poked around the 'net and found a reference to a band called Archive. Have a listen and see if you think they are similar.
Re: Pink Floyd [message #63584 is a reply to message #63570] Sat, 31 July 2010 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
I can't think of any band quite like Pink Floyd, they are in a league of their own. You could look into some of the solo albums by band members David Gilmore and Roger Waters or Syd Barrett and Rick Wright.

Maybe some Moody Blues? Emerson, Lake and Palmer? King Crimson? Procul Harem? How about Wishbone Ash?
Re: Pink Floyd [message #63602 is a reply to message #63584] Sun, 01 August 2010 21:54 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
What I've always liked about Pink Floyd was the quality of the recordings. Very top notch. I always use The Wall to demo my stereo rig for people. We played it on Duke LeJuene's setup at LSAF and everyone sat back, relaxed, and commented on the great sound.
Previous Topic: Remixing Music
Next Topic: Angels & Demons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 02:32:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout