Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi speaker plans (4Pi speakers plans)
4Pi speaker plans [message #63354] Thu, 08 July 2010 17:38 Go to next message
biglaz is currently offline  biglaz
Baron
Wayne,
I have obtained a pair of 2226 JBLs in the 16 ohm version, along with a stock set of eminence 16khz 2 way crossovers.
I would like the plans for the 4 Pi cabinets and crossover schematics or a list of changes to make in the crossover for the 16 ohm mid bass. I will be using the Eminence PSD 2002 8 ohm compression driver. Also, any suggested changes/issues with this set up.

Thanks,
Robert
Re: 4Pi speaker plans [message #63355 is a reply to message #63354] Thu, 08 July 2010 18:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent plans, but note that this speaker is designed to use the JBL 2226H, not the JBL 2226J. One would think they would be similar, that the values in the woofer circuit could be scaled to suit, doubling coil inductance and resistance values, and halving capacitance values. That would most likely work but I cannot guarantee it because I haven't tested it. There are a lot of things that contribute to overall performance, some of which are not immediately obvious and some that are actually counterintuitive. The voltage sensitivity will be 3dB lower too, so you'll want to pad the tweeter a little more. Use the R1/R2 chart at the link below for reference.
Previous Topic: Thanks Wayne! "4Pi" success.
Next Topic: Any word on mid-horn flat pack availability?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:24:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio