Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British?
Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #63325] Tue, 06 July 2010 08:25 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
England has almost nothing in common with the 52 United States, especially French-speaking Louisiana & Canada, and Spanish-speaking New Mexizona, yet we continue to tolerate and even admire them in spite of the fact that we had to fight them for our independence. Nothing good ever came out of England.

This guy says it much better than I ever could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0GX_qzwVi4
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #63469 is a reply to message #63325] Wed, 21 July 2010 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Right now to me and this gets worse as each year is tacked on with age, I think we are too tolerant of many things. Do not get me wrong, I grew up hearing we were the melting pot for years, I have no issues with anyone unless they are idiots, I do not have patience for idiots, but right now we are too tolerant of many things and its just getting worse. Just in the past 20 years think of how many things have changed that makes us feel like we are walked over on, how many times do I need to call and pay a random bill and be told to push one for English.....wth. Sad
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64033 is a reply to message #63325] Wed, 15 September 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
Ummm, I have 2 words for you. Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton
Elton John
The Beatles
The Faces
Pink Floyd.

I don't necessarily look up to the British, but I do like their music.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64034 is a reply to message #64033] Thu, 16 September 2010 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bohnam wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 21:53
Ummm, I have 2 words for you. Rolling Stones
Eric Clapton
Elton John
The Beatles
The Faces
Pink Floyd.

I don't necessarily look up to the British, but I do like their music.

They're just imitating Elvis and Mississippi Delta blues. Nothing original ever came out of England. Like the video says, they even stole our language.
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64039 is a reply to message #64034] Thu, 16 September 2010 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
http://www.audioroundtable.com/images/Laughing_Felix.gif
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64084 is a reply to message #64034] Thu, 23 September 2010 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
"There is nothing new under the sun" Shakespeare.

And how long ago did he say that? If you're looking for originality, you're not going to find it. From anyone, be it British or American. The Mississippi Delta Blues were not original. The were carryovers from African tribal music. The best we can hope for are descent variations of a theme.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64092 is a reply to message #63325] Thu, 23 September 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
Nothing good came out of England. A whole lot of us Americans did.
But we soon forget. Laughing
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64210 is a reply to message #63325] Thu, 07 October 2010 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
We love the British in reality shows because they are allowed to talk to people any kind of way. The only reason Americans don't, is because it has been programmed into our heads to be "Politcally Correct". So, why do we allow them to come here and say all the things we want to say, but can't?
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64538 is a reply to message #63325] Thu, 28 October 2010 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I've always wondered the same thing - why is it drilled into us that we should be kind and respectful to others, and yet we think it is so cool to watch the Brits come over and say what we can't?!
Re: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British? [message #64589 is a reply to message #63325] Thu, 04 November 2010 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mark91845 is currently offline  Mark91845
Esquire
Because it is fashionable to pile on the US. The media, the middle east, europe, hell even our own president, loves to talk about how bad we are. We are told to be respectful and tolerant of these people when they slap us in the face with their snide remarks because we have become a feminized nation. Males are told the bigger man will walk away from a fight instead of defending himself.

Also people are told to hate success. America is a Cinderella story. Starting out as a small, handfull of colonies and growing to a superpower in a small amount of time. This happens with companies too. How many people do you hear talk about how evil Walmart is ? Even though, like other companies, they started out as a single small store. Then through smart decisions and investing in themselves they achieved the American dream. I guess many people think they should have only grown to partial success and then stopped growing.
Previous Topic: Easier to travel
Next Topic: Dr. Phil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:58:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout