Home » Audio » General » Earbuds?
Re: Earbuds? [message #63313 is a reply to message #24901] Sun, 04 July 2010 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
I think that they are absolutely great. They fit my ear nicely and the music that comes from there are a notch higher in quality than normal headphones. It does take a bit of getting used to though.
Re: Earbuds? [message #63322 is a reply to message #24901] Mon, 05 July 2010 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I personally love using ear buds. I was never a real fan of headphones. They were just uncomfortable and too awkward for me. Maybe it was the shape of my head that made them so awkward. I really don't know.
Re: Earbuds? [message #63440 is a reply to message #24901] Mon, 19 July 2010 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
I never liked them in the past for a number of reasons. Then I went on a trip in an extremely loud seaplane where I couldn't hear my music with my headphones. So I looked into noise canceling headphones and found them to be too bulky to travel with.

I ended up purchasing a pair of Shure earbuds and think they're great. They fit very comfortably in your ear and block out outside noise. They are high quality and have very good sound, including decent bass. A little pricey at $100 but very worth it to me.
Re: Earbuds? [message #63797 is a reply to message #63440] Tue, 10 August 2010 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
I use earbuds. I like the way earbuds shut out all outside noise and allow me to enjoy the music I am listening to without interference. Not recommended for use while driving, though.
Re: Earbuds? [message #63804 is a reply to message #24901] Tue, 10 August 2010 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beankyu is currently offline  Beankyu
Esquire
Earbuds are okay but it's not the best.
U can consider another.

Re: Earbuds? [message #63813 is a reply to message #63804] Tue, 10 August 2010 23:43 Go to previous message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Slightly off-topic:
I remember once seeing a deaf person listening to the radio by biting on one end of a pencil and putting the other end of the pencil against the speaker of the radio. It seems that sound travelled quite well from the radio through the pencil and via the bone structure of the face to the innner ear.

Maybe there is type of headphone on the market which, instead of plugging into the ear or covering the ear, would work by having a pad pressed, perhaps, on the bone behind the ear. Anyone seen one like that before?
Previous Topic: Digital Music Formats
Next Topic: Opinions on in car DVD players
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:31:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout