Home » Audio » General » Noise cancelling headphones
Noise cancelling headphones [message #24893] Sun, 08 April 2007 10:48 Go to next message
theglyphon is currently offline  theglyphon
Esquire
I have moved to a new apartment where I can hear loud foot traffic overhead. It is driving me crazy. Can anyone recommend effective *but affordable* noise cancelling headphones to use with white noise or with music?

Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #24894 is a reply to message #24893] Mon, 09 April 2007 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are noise cancelling headphones offered by Sennheiser, Sony, Koss and Bose, among others.

Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #24931 is a reply to message #24893] Thu, 21 June 2007 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
My mom is currently using her Sony MDRNC11 open noise cancelling headphones. She hates the beeps of cars.

Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #24963 is a reply to message #24894] Thu, 18 October 2007 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
In between those four, which one is the best one?

Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #63157 is a reply to message #24893] Sun, 13 June 2010 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
It really depends on your budget - you need to understand that the cheaper ones are probably less effective that the ones that are more expensive. Do make sure that the noise you are hearing is periodic or rhythmic because that is when the headphones work best.
Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #63478 is a reply to message #24893] Thu, 22 July 2010 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
I wanted a good pair of noise canceling headphones but didn't want the cord. I found a pair of Acoustic Research wireless headphones and they sound great.

The only problem is sometimes you need to adjust the tuning so you don't get interference. It doesn't happen much and I like the trade off not being tied down to a cord. They have pretty good range too
Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #63635 is a reply to message #24893] Tue, 03 August 2010 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

Ooh I had a bad experience with wireless headphones! It cracks randomly and as soon as I reach the kitchen accessway - static- and it's supposed to have better range than that. I don't remember what headphones I was using, but they were just normal, maybe below average headphones, but that was enough to put me off wireless headphones. In fact I don't like anything wireless (mouse, internet etc) they never seem to work the way I would like them to.

Or is it just me? Shocked

The lunatics are in the hall.
Re: Noise cancelling headphones [message #63796 is a reply to message #63635] Tue, 10 August 2010 18:48 Go to previous message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
Unless you are planning on wearing your headphones the whole time you are in your house, I would suggest adding soundproofing to make life more pleasant. One possibility is planting some tall leafy plants in a flower box just outside your window. The leaves will absorb quite a bit of the noise coming in from the street outside.
Previous Topic: Earbud or earpad
Next Topic: Digital Music Formats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:18:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout