Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Movies worth a second look . .
Movies worth a second look . . [message #62792] Wed, 19 May 2010 00:39 Go to next message
jimdgoulding is currently offline  jimdgoulding
Chancellor
The Friends of Eddie Coyle, for one. Directed by Peter Yates pre Bullitt and the godfather of ensemble cast movies. With Robt Mitchum and Peter Boyle, etc. Released not long ago on DVD tho it may be hard to find. A multi plot working class south Boston crime drama. It's bitchin. Probably a first look for most of you. Worth finding. OK, how about Mystic River, another tho modern south Boston crime drama with acting off the flippin charts! What you got?

Hear your music, not your speakers
Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62793 is a reply to message #62792] Wed, 19 May 2010 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'll have to check that one out, thanks for the tip!

I've found myself watching TV series on CD lately. Rescue Me is the latest series I've watched. I loved Mad Men, but then we switched to U-Verse, which doesn't have AMC. Lost was OK at first, but it got too weird for me. (Then again, Rescue Me is pretty nuts).

But that's off-topic. Back to your subject, here's a movie from years past: Sharky's Machine. It was the first time I saw Burt Reynolds play a part that wasn't like Smokey and the Bandit, or some other character typecast the same way. He's really pretty good in this movie, surprising to me when it first came out.

Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62794 is a reply to message #62793] Wed, 19 May 2010 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Yes sir, I can hang with Sharky's and Mad Men!

Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62840 is a reply to message #62792] Sun, 23 May 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Musicfan is currently offline  Musicfan
Chancellor
A second look? I would say most scary or suspense filled movies. I'm always finding something new that I missed. Like the Sixth sense or Silence of the Lambs. There was always something that I missed!
Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62886 is a reply to message #62840] Wed, 26 May 2010 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
It's not a movie, but a series worth a second look is Six Feet Under. I watched the whole series in about a month for free from the library. Absolutely riveting...character development and story line were top notch.
Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62901 is a reply to message #62792] Thu, 27 May 2010 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djessa is currently offline  djessa
Chancellor
Great movies!
I've got awesome movies of the 90's. My compilation of movies includes Scent of a Woman, Armageddon, Forever Young and Saving Private Ryan. I sold some of my favorite movies because I've watched it repeatedly.
Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62918 is a reply to message #62792] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TLC123 is currently offline  TLC123
Chancellor
I do not like watching movies over and over. I did however go to the movies and watch "Top Gun" and "Titanic" a few different times.
Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62944 is a reply to message #62918] Fri, 28 May 2010 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Anybody like British comedies? Got two for you, the original Bedazzled written by and starring Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, and The Wrong Box with Michael Caine, Cook and Moore, a long list other notables, and a pricless cameo by Peter Sellers.

Re: Movies worth a second look . . [message #62946 is a reply to message #62792] Fri, 28 May 2010 21:46 Go to previous message
Mavare
Baron
There was a British comedy I used to watch on public television. It was called "Waiting for God". It was about a group of pensioners in an assisted living home and it was hilarious. That and "Are You Being Served" are my absolute favorites.
Previous Topic: Fiona Apple
Next Topic: Griffin & Phoenix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 12:08:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout