Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Eddy Murphy?
Eddy Murphy? [message #62655] Fri, 14 May 2010 07:29 Go to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
I remember that a few years ago (before Pierce Brosnan portrayed the legendary agent in Goldeneye, I guess), there was a rumor that Eddy Murphy would be the next James Bond. What happened then? Is the guy not eligible for performing James Bond?
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62659 is a reply to message #62655] Fri, 14 May 2010 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
Wow, that's a interesting rumor. I never heard that, but then again I haven't heard much about Eddie Murphy lately. He hasn't done any movies recently, has he? I'm not sure where I stand on him playing James Bond...somehow that doesn't seem to fit.
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62663 is a reply to message #62655] Fri, 14 May 2010 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
This is a joke, right? Eddie Murphy as James Bond. ROFL. There's no way Eddie Murphy could pull off James Bond. There was enough uproar when Daniel Craig was given the role. Can you imagine if Murphy was cast as Bond?
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62667 is a reply to message #62663] Fri, 14 May 2010 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
The only way Eddie Murphy could pull off James Bond is if they were making a spoof of James Bond movies. I have never seen, nor do I ever wish to see, Eddie Murphy in a serious role.
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62671 is a reply to message #62655] Fri, 14 May 2010 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Musicfan is currently offline  Musicfan
Chancellor
Shocked Serious? I can't believe it either. Eddie Murphy is all about laughs and I love him! I loved the Daddy Day Care movies the best. How could a funny man be the next James Bond?
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62699 is a reply to message #62655] Sat, 15 May 2010 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CountryFried
Chancellor
I'm not a big fan of Eddie Murphy and I don't think it would fly if he tried to do James Bond. For me, the best roles he has ever had have been all the times he is Donkey's voice in the Shrek movies.

~CountryFried~
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62785 is a reply to message #62655] Tue, 18 May 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drummer is currently offline  Drummer
Chancellor
Eddie Murphy is to comical to play a serious James Bond role. Did you know the Movie Beverly Hills Cop was originally going to be played by Sylvester Stallone and he figured Eddie would be great for the part...go figure!
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #62807 is a reply to message #62655] Wed, 19 May 2010 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I use to like Eddie Murphy movies but I hear he is a big douche on the set so he kind of turns me off. Just because you make a lot of money doesn't give you the right to treat people like crap.
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #63565 is a reply to message #62655] Thu, 29 July 2010 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesstasy is currently offline  jesstasy
Esquire
I am not sure how Eddie Murphy would do in this role. It doesn't seem to fit his personality. However, I would love to see him in a serious role. Everyone knows him as a funny guy and he has been very successful at it. But I think he also has another side that is yet to come out. Maybe he's afraid that noone will take him seriously? I think he is underestimated and if Will Smith could do it then so can Eddie Murphy.
Re: Eddy Murphy? [message #63583 is a reply to message #62655] Fri, 30 July 2010 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Soundbuzz is currently offline  Soundbuzz
Chancellor

No one will take him seriously. I mean, seriously? I haven't heard this piece of news yet. Eddie Murphy as James Bond? I'm sorry but even that sounds really wrong, doesn't it? But hey, just maybe he could prove everyone wrong, though I highly doubt that will happen. It would be interesting though and I would love to be surprised.

The lunatics are in the hall.
Previous Topic: Is the Sound of Music still ringing in the hills?
Next Topic: Iron Man 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 19:47:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout