Home » Audio » General » Search feature changes (Ability to search for part numbers)
Search feature changes [message #62598] Tue, 11 May 2010 14:41
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've just updated the search engine to give ART the ability to search for part numbers. To be honest, I can't believe I never noticed this before, but when we moved from the original WWWBoard format to this one, we lost the ability to search for phrases containing numbers. That meant searches for things like KT88, 6550, TD12S and 2226 wouldn't work.

Like I said, I don't know how I missed that, but I guess it's because I knew where to find most of the archived posts I needed. I vaguely remember trying to search for "6DJ8" once before and finding no search results, but I disregarded it and searched for "tube preamp" instead. It was only yesterday when I tried to search for "KT88" and "6550", when I got no results, I looked further and found that the database search index wasn't storing numbers. So I recoded and reindexed. You may have noticed a couple of brief outages earlier, and that's why - the system was being reindexed.

Anyway, hopefully this will make the site much more useful.

Previous Topic: Old Radio Codes
Next Topic: Outage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:39:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout