Home » Audio » General » Earbuds?
Re: Earbuds? [message #24949 is a reply to message #24946] Fri, 14 September 2007 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
After about 10 years your hearing will diminish no matter if you are recording or not. Sic transit gloria mundi.
-Dick

Re: Earbuds? [message #24954 is a reply to message #24901] Sat, 06 October 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jarnold is currently offline  Jarnold
Chancellor
Coming from a gamer background, the best earbuds I ever used were the ones from Icemat (now steelseries), theres the "Icemat Siberia InEar Headphones, but I'm not sure if they produce those anymore. You can find it on newegg and ebay, but not the company site

Re: Earbuds? [message #24971 is a reply to message #24901] Mon, 22 October 2007 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
I like using ear buds because it feel like im wearing ear muffs while I listen music. Using ear usually drowns out the other sounds like everything but the music. I used to buy aiwa ear buds all the time.

Crystal

Re: Earbuds? [message #61929 is a reply to message #24971] Tue, 23 February 2010 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
No, I don't use it either. I don't even use headphones very often. I concern about my ear health. If you use headphones too much (not to mention earbuds), I am afraid you will end up using hearing aids for the rest of your life.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62009 is a reply to message #61929] Mon, 08 March 2010 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
I have Sennheiser in ear buds. The silicon ear pieces are comfortable, and using the smallest size they fit well and don't fall out. And no, I don't deafen myself because they eliminate enough sound from around me that I have beautiful, crystal clear sound at a very low volume.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62298 is a reply to message #62009] Tue, 06 April 2010 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
Dizzy wrote on Mon, 08 March 2010 06:02
I have Sennheiser in ear buds. The silicon ear pieces are comfortable, and using the smallest size they fit well and don't fall out. And no, I don't deafen myself because they eliminate enough sound from around me that I have beautiful, crystal clear sound at a very low volume.

That sounds great. Though, I read on another thread here that after using the ear buds to listen to music for awhile, you will get used to it and consider it softer than it really is, so you will turn up the volume.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62322 is a reply to message #24901] Sun, 11 April 2010 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
I was using ear-buds from grade 6 until I graduated from college. I think this caused the problem with my left ear because it hurts a lot when I listen to loud music.

I already stopped using ear-buds but I use headphones occasionally, like when there is a storm and I can't hear the music or movie that I'm watching.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62403 is a reply to message #24901] Mon, 26 April 2010 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
I have never liked earbuds or headphones. I don't want anything around my ears. It may be because as a child I had severe ear infections and everything bothered my ears.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62408 is a reply to message #24901] Mon, 26 April 2010 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Little funny things stuck in my ear are not all that impressive to me. Even though I just bought an iPhone and it comes with a pair, I am sure they will sit in the box for a long time to come. Headsets okay, earbuds no.
Re: Earbuds? [message #62421 is a reply to message #24901] Tue, 27 April 2010 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, it depends if you're talking the junk ones that come with your iPod or these !!!:

http://www.jhaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5

Again, you would best be served by these not using them in your digital player, unless you have a high end gapless, etc..... version that's capable of high-end reproduction. Yes there are some that do that.

I use earbuds when I'm moving about the house, cleaning or such, and at the gym because they are convenient and keep out some of the ambient surrounding noise.

Etymotic makes some really nice, COMFORTABLE earbuds at a decent price for the great sound they give.
Previous Topic: Digital Music Formats
Next Topic: Opinions on in car DVD players
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:49:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout