Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Am I the only one?
Am I the only one? [message #6238] Tue, 15 November 2005 22:28 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Who is not so patiently waiting for the sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean to be released? I watch mainly comedies as real life has more than enough violence and unpleasantness on a dialy basis. What interests me in a movie is the dialog. Which is why The Princess Bride is my all time favorite movie. MIB, Pirates of the Caribbean and Shrek are pretty funny also.

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6239 is a reply to message #6238] Wed, 16 November 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No doubt. I hope Pirates of the Caribbean will have a sequel too. Do you know if one is planned?

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6240 is a reply to message #6238] Wed, 16 November 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
My son tells me there is a sequel to Pirates due to come out; not sure when.
Pirates reminds me of one of those movies like Pulp Fiction where you can watch it like you listen to a record album. One song at a time or one side when you feel like it. You can access the movie at any point and sit down and watch for the good parts. I like that about some movies.
Goodfella's and Napolean Dynamite do that for me also. I can watch ten minutes of Napoleon at any point in the movie and laugh for a while. Then go on about my business.
Thats one of the funniest movies made in the past ten years.

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6241 is a reply to message #6239] Wed, 16 November 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyclotronguy is currently offline  Cyclotronguy
Chancellor
Keith Richards playing as Jack Sparrows Father..... whats not to like!

Cyclotronguy

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6242 is a reply to message #6239] Wed, 16 November 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
The word I got was it's in the can and waiting to be released. Maybe the Christmas season? Who knows. Just as long as the dialog is as crisp as the first one I'll like it

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6243 is a reply to message #6242] Thu, 17 November 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool!

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6245 is a reply to message #6238] Fri, 18 November 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Glad to hear another adult thinks The Princess Bride is a great movie......Colin

Re: Am I the only one? [message #6246 is a reply to message #6245] Fri, 18 November 2005 10:11 Go to previous message
Grand Master
The funny thing is it's more popular now than when it first came out. There is a following of sorts for this movie. I liked it because it flowed along at least two levels all the way through. My family and I had lots of the one liners memorized and on a trip something would set us off and we'd recite them for a while and all crack up.

Previous Topic: Harvard Man
Next Topic: Itunes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 30 10:33:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout