Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Alice In Wonderland (Movie)
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #62379 is a reply to message #60121] Thu, 22 April 2010 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
I finally saw this movie about a week ago. I'm not really entertained by the whole movie. I think the movie is made for children with a bit of violence at the end.
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #62386 is a reply to message #62379] Fri, 23 April 2010 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxie is currently offline  Maxie
Chancellor
I was never really fond of the original Alice In Wonderland and Tim Burton's version really didn't do much to change my mind. My nephew's however, ages 5 and 8, loved the movie and go online to watch the trailers over and over. It will be one of those "must buys" for them.
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #62448 is a reply to message #62379] Fri, 30 April 2010 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioAJ is currently offline  AudioAJ
Chancellor
I was speaking to one of the women I work with and she said the original Alice in Wonderland book was totally different from the Disney movie and this movie is a little more accurate.
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #63431 is a reply to message #60121] Sun, 18 July 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JiminyCricket is currently offline  JiminyCricket
Baron
Not seen this, my bad Shocked I just couldn't stop thinking of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' when I saw Depp in the posters and ads. That was one disturbing movie on so many levels.

Yes, yes, yes...Depp was creepy.
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #63467 is a reply to message #61968] Wed, 21 July 2010 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Tue, 02 March 2010 11:13

I think Wilder was more likable in the original Wonka movie, that's all. I like Depp in a lot of stuff, but in Willy Wonka, I thought he was kind of creepy.

You are not alone in this and I think for me personally its that I know too much about him as a real person to consider him anything like a real Wonka. Something just does not chime right, now as for Alice I did watch it and it was mostly enjoyable but something was still off with that too, just not as much as Wonka was.
Re: Alice In Wonderland [message #63645 is a reply to message #63467] Tue, 03 August 2010 20:17 Go to previous message
Jayson is currently offline  Jayson
Esquire
I originally thought this would be a good family night movie..I was wrong! My son was scared after the first 20minutes so my wife and I watched the rest of it after he went to bed. I really enjoy the 1st one better. Like others have stated Depp is really creepy in this movie. I like Tim Burton's work, this one just is no comparison to the original. If their was nothing to compare it to than yes it is a good movie.
Previous Topic: Angels & Demons
Next Topic: State of Play
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:25:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout