Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pi 7 plans and questions
pi 7 plans and questions [message #62353] Thu, 15 April 2010 11:47 Go to next message
praff is currently offline  praff
Esquire
Wayne...Just curious #1 if you could send me 7pi plans.

Also, about a year and a half ago, I bought a pair of 4pi kits from you that have been sitting in the original boxes since. After some discussion and a little research, it looks like the 7pis will work in my room and give me the sound I am looking for moreso than the 4pis. So my question is, Can I send the crossover set for the 4pis back to you in exchange for 7pis and pay for the midrange drivers??? thanks in advance.

Also...I have been puting this off cause I dont want to build the cabinets. Anyone in the Indiana area have any suggestions???

Re: pi 7 plans and answers [message #62354 is a reply to message #62353] Thu, 15 April 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Which version of the crossover do you have? If it's the current model, you can modify it pretty easily. Even if not, the older ones can be modified too, but if it's the old crossover, I'd upgrade to the new PCB because it's cleaner.

Re: pi 7 plans and answers [message #62355 is a reply to message #62354] Thu, 15 April 2010 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praff is currently offline  praff
Esquire
I think it is the new crossover, but not sure how to tell...It is a very thick silver trace on a beige board with upright connectors.
Re: pi 7 plans and answers [message #62356 is a reply to message #62355] Thu, 15 April 2010 13:39 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Does it look like this?

http://www.pispeakers.com/catalog/images/Pi_Crossover.jpg

If so, it's the new crossover. To make it into a seven π crossover, remove a coil and a couple of caps, and add another coil. It will look like this:

http://www.pispeakers.com/catalog/images/Pi7_Crossover.jpg

Is yours a standard crossover, or does it have upgrades? The standard crossover has 18 guage coils and Dayton, Solen or Jantzen cross-caps. It can optionally be built with 15 guage coils or high-end capacitors like Auricaps.

In any case, you can swap parts from one to make the other. Alternatively, you can send your crossovers to us and we'd be happy to modify them for a small fee.

Previous Topic: 3pi/ 4pi plans
Next Topic: 3 Pi Slanted Baffle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:01:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout