Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Angels & Demons
Angels & Demons [message #62221] Tue, 30 March 2010 20:37 Go to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I tried my best to sit through Angels & Demons but lost interest within the first 1/2 hour of the movie. I'm usually a big Tom Hanks fan but man oh man did this movie suck. What did you all think of it?
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62230 is a reply to message #62221] Tue, 30 March 2010 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
candoon is currently offline  candoon
Baron
For me it seems to go on and on and onnnnnn

I do not sit well with movies like that and I think we rented this, so I actually did, in my own home, which made it even worse. I need a movie that keeps me entertained, not one that is going to make me sleepy.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62231 is a reply to message #62230] Wed, 31 March 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the premise, so I liked it even though I think you guys are right, it's kind of slow. In a way, I had some objections to the earlier "Da Vinci Code" movie too, because of some of the oddball fabrications. Stuff like the Priori of Sion. The premise of the movie would have been maintained completely intact without these fabrications, going with more the same foundation laid in Michael Baigent's, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". But I guess Dan Brown wanted to fictionalize it all and make it his own. Still, I kind of dig this stuff so I liked both movies.

Re: Angels & Demons [message #62239 is a reply to message #62231] Wed, 31 March 2010 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I didn't care for it as much as the Da Vinci Code. The books were entirely better than the movies and I actually preferred the Angels & Demons book.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62282 is a reply to message #62239] Sun, 04 April 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
I also struggled with the movie. The book was great, but the movie lacked something. I don't know if it was lacking some of the details that made the book, but something just wasn't right.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62295 is a reply to message #62221] Tue, 06 April 2010 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
Fortunately I haven't watched the movie. Cool Angels and Demons and the DaVinci Code are great novels, but the DaVinci Code the movie is a shame. It seems that some great novels are not suitable to be made movies from.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62343 is a reply to message #62295] Tue, 13 April 2010 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
This is unfortunately true, but logical. There can be so many more details contained in a book that simply cannot be portrayed in a movie, and that leads to it seems shallow by comparison.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #62374 is a reply to message #62221] Wed, 21 April 2010 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lazarus is currently offline  Lazarus
Chancellor
Yes Dizzy you are right. Sidney Sheldon is a great author and has written great novels (many of them are my favorites), but I never knew there are any good movies made from his works.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #63276 is a reply to message #62221] Mon, 28 June 2010 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rockhound is currently offline  rockhound
Chancellor
I guess I'm the only one here who sort of enjoyed the movie. I'm a fan of all three of the Dan Brown books in this series. All of which are better than the two movies they made, but I always think the books are better. It's true that it was a bit slow and had I not read the book, I might not have understood part of what they were trying to portray. Not my favorite, but okay.
Re: Angels & Demons [message #63287 is a reply to message #62221] Wed, 30 June 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chuckles101 is currently offline  Chuckles101
Chancellor
I had a really similar opinion that you had. After you read the book, your expectations are set at a very high level and therefore the movie was a disappointment for me. However, for my brother, who didn't read the book, it was a very nice movie.
Previous Topic: Pink Floyd
Next Topic: Alice In Wonderland
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:42:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout