Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audio Club meeting - July 10th - 2:00pm
Great Plains Audio Club meeting - July 10th - 2:00pm [message #621] Wed, 07 July 2004 00:31 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
This is a reminder that there is a Great Plains Audio Club meeting this Saturday June 10th at 2:00pm. Chuck Adamson of AllAboutTulsa.com is preparing brisket, and we'll all be listening to the Stoetkit from FSAudio and seven π loudspeakers using the new π midhorn. We'll also be listening to and comparing several other systems, so be sure to come out for the good fellowship, food and sounds. Write for directions if you need them.

Re: Great Plains Audio Club meeting - July 10th - 2:00pm [message #622 is a reply to message #621] Wed, 07 July 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne,

Is Great Plains Audio Club affiliated with Bill Hanuschak's Great Plains Audio at all?

Re: Great Plains Audio Club meeting - July 10th - 2:00pm [message #623 is a reply to message #622] Wed, 07 July 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've never seen Bill at any audio events or club meetings. We've invited him to our small gatherings, and I seem to recall that he was invited to MAF and some of the other trade shows as well. But I think he separates business and pleasure, and so he doesn't attend these sorts of events.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but "Great Plains" and "Green Country" refer to this area, and it seems like about 10% of the businesses and associations here use some form of that in their names. It's kind of like "Orange County" or "Bay Area" or "Tri-State."

Photos [message #627 is a reply to message #621] Sun, 11 July 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
  • Photos from the meeting

• Great meeting! [message #628 is a reply to message #627] Sun, 11 July 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
    Illuminati (3rd Degree)
    Thanx to all Wayne, Alona, Chuck for cooking all that great food! The brisket was terrific, as were the eggs, the cole slaw, and all the other yummy stuff! The company was real pleasant as well.

I would like to say that the midrange horn in Wayne;s 3 way system made a HUGE difference. The 3 way horn system we listened to sounded really smooth across the spectrum, with the immediacy and clarity that horns are known for. I have heard them before as 2-ways, and i have to say the 3 ways made a large difference. I would be very happy with a pair of these 3 way horns!

Thanx a lot again, Wayne!
    -akhilesh

Re: Great meeting! [message #629 is a reply to message #628] Sun, 11 July 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)
    Thanks Akhilesh,

It was great to see you again, as always. And I really like what you're doing with your reviews website!

Wayne

Re: Photos [message #630 is a reply to message #627] Sun, 11 July 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Mike is currently offline  Mike
    Chancellor
    Great pictures. You should have been a photographer !

Glad you like it [message #634 is a reply to message #629] Mon, 12 July 2004 06:55 Go to previous message
    akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
    Illuminati (3rd Degree)
    DO let me know any changes you think can imporove it. just an attempt to be of service to our community.
    thanx
    -akhilesh

Previous Topic: Fourth of July weekend
    Next Topic: new amplifier methodology pdf(found it)
    Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 21:43:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
    DIY Audio Projects
    OddWatt Audio
    OddWatt Audio
    Pi Speakers
    Pi Speakers
    Prosound Shootout
    Prosound Shootout
    Smith & Larson Audio