Home » Audio » General » Good inexpensive headphones
Good inexpensive headphones [message #62014] Mon, 08 March 2010 13:05 Go to next message
Sadie is currently offline  Sadie
Chancellor
I need headphones for my job, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. Can anybody suggest a good, but inexpensive set? Right now I'm using these little cheap earbud things and they're driving me crazy.
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62028 is a reply to message #62014] Wed, 10 March 2010 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dizzy is currently offline  Dizzy
Baron
Sennheiser have some decent sets that start at less than $50. Even the lower end headphones are decent-or else you could look into something like Sony for not too much.
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62054 is a reply to message #62014] Thu, 11 March 2010 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Sony would be fine with me. Anything would be a step up from these darn earbuds. I was looking in Office Depot the other day and all they had were sets that had microphones. I don't need to speak...just listen. Maybe I should check out eBay...
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62055 is a reply to message #62014] Thu, 11 March 2010 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I always liked using wireless headphones at work - no cord to worry about. Just plug the transmitter into your computer and fresh batteries in the 'phones....C
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62057 is a reply to message #62055] Fri, 12 March 2010 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Oooo, that's an excellent idea, Colinhester! Especially since I spend a lot of my working day with an 8 month old in my lap. She is all paws and constantly grabbing the wires. Do you have a brand recommendation? And can you give me an idea about price?
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62066 is a reply to message #62057] Sat, 13 March 2010 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I had a pair from Radio Shack that I used for years in a chemical lab environment. Not sure OSHA would approve but they held up very well and were comfortable for hours. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a decent pair. Check Amazon for reviews before you buy.....C
Re: Good inexpensive headphones [message #62267 is a reply to message #62066] Sat, 03 April 2010 20:45 Go to previous message
Mavare
Baron
I'm looking for a pair with a decent microphone on them. I need to start using a voice dictation system and cut down on a typing job that I'm doing at work.
Previous Topic: Help me build an amp.....PLEASE
Next Topic: Cool lookin' tube headphone amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:41:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout