Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 6 speaker (Theater 6 speaker and Crossover - by Italy)
Theater 6 speaker [message #61546] Mon, 14 December 2009 12:06 Go to next message
Angelo.Bonavera is currently offline  Angelo.Bonavera
Esquire
Hi all and many thanks to Wayne for his advice and his help.

I've finally completed my Theater 6 speakers:

index.php?t=getfile&id=123&private=0

I've used the Eminence Delta 12LF for the woofer, the eminence Delta10 for the midrange and the PSD2002 for the tweeter.

Here the crossover:

index.php?t=getfile&id=124&private=0

I've used caps custom made ASC and caps Pio; coils are from Jantzen.

If someone would like to see more about my Th6, here the link of the whole construction: http://www.audiocostruzioni.com/a_d/diffusori/theater-6-angelo/theather-6.htm

I use a 300B amp made two years ago and i think that the combination between the 300b and the Th6 is wonderful.
(theDream, 300b link: http://www.audiocostruzioni.com/a_d/elettroniche/finali-integrati/finale-the-dream-angelo-300b/the-dream-angelo.htm)

To have a better control of the bass sound, I've improved my system to a multiamp.
I've built a solid state amp to use for the bass (Gainclone) and I use the 300b amp (theDream) for the medium and the treble.
Of course I've built an active crossover (12dB / Octave Linkwitz Riley Crossover, a project of Rod Elliott) to separate signal and i've made a little modify to the passive crossover.

The result was very satisfactory, because every amp works better for the right frequencies and the passive crossover is simplified: bass now works as I wanted.

Best regards from Italy
Angelo Bonavera
Re: Theater 6 speaker [message #61547 is a reply to message #61546] Mon, 14 December 2009 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very nice, Angelo, thanks for taking the time to post this!

Re: Theater 6 speaker [message #61553 is a reply to message #61546] Mon, 14 December 2009 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Bellisima!

How do they sound?

Very impressed with the 300B, seems a very clean design and the metal-working is first rate. Love the little duplicating lathe for the knobs. It's little touches like that with nuances such as the brass indicator dots that make it fun to watch the music play.
Re: Theater 6 speaker [message #61557 is a reply to message #61553] Tue, 15 December 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo.Bonavera is currently offline  Angelo.Bonavera
Esquire
for me sound is wonderful.

I think that the combination between the amp and the th6 is a good combination.
Indicator dots aren't in brass but in gold; they are a gift from a friend of mine.
Re: Theater 6 speaker [message #61651 is a reply to message #61557] Fri, 01 January 2010 12:37 Go to previous message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
Shocked Wow! Beautiful work. Bravo!

I suspect the sound matches.

Dan
Previous Topic: One and Two Pi Plans Please?
Next Topic: Three-Pi crossover ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:36:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout