Home » Audio » Speaker » Audio Note AN-K - Changing internal wiring from silver to copper
Audio Note AN-K - Changing internal wiring from silver to copper [message #60078] Tue, 07 July 2009 04:31 Go to next message
soundguest is currently offline  soundguest
Esquire
I recently bought a pair of Audio Note AN-K speakers, for use with my Audio Note M2 preamp and P1SE power amp. These are stunning speakers, which also work well with my 120 watt solid state Exposure monoblocks.

However, there is a slight leanness and brightness to the sound. The speakers are internally wired with Audio Note's Spe silver cable, and I am attributing some of the brightness and leanness to the sound of this cable. I am contemplating having the speakers re-wired with Audio Note's copper Lexus cable. Would this provide a bit more warmth and body?

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has compared the copper and silver wired versions of AN speakers.
Re: Audio Note AN-K - Changing internal wiring from silver to copper [message #60612 is a reply to message #60078] Sun, 16 August 2009 17:57 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
I don't have (any) experience, but I would say the cables are not the culprit. It must be the tweeter, in this case (since you have them/tweeters - I'm just guessing like a said) a bad job in xover design. You probably want a more relaxed sound with an attenuation on highs of 1 or 2 dB's. The type of room/furniture and distance to speakers can also affect the overall.

Previous Topic: JBL K2 and Everest speakers
Next Topic: Basic requirements for phase plug in horn loaded cone driver?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 22:46:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio