Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Sharon Jones - Naturally
Sharon Jones - Naturally [message #5961] Wed, 13 July 2005 12:01 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you like R&B, this album's for you. If you think you like R&B, but not really sure, this album will convert you. I picked this up a month ago based on short write-up in the local newspaper.

The first couple of songs felt awkward to me. It's been long time since I've been listening to old-school R&B. The past few years have been mostly jazz so the R&B sound felt strange. But it didn't take long to settle in and to be reminded of what soul is all about.

Like I said, this is old school R&B, not the processed sythesised background hum and hahs you get these days. No phat beats, sampling and remixes or guest rappers. Just old fashion R&B straight up.

Re: Sharon Jones - Naturally [message #5964 is a reply to message #5961] Wed, 13 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
She come's from James Brown's hometown, how can you beat it. Funny how all the band is white, just can't interest the bloods to play old school.
She sounds like the real thing; I love this stuff and have lots of recommendations for anyone interested.

Previous Topic: More Alison Krause
Next Topic: Speakerman turned me on to this
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 02:02:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout