Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dr. Phil
Dr. Phil [message #59245] Fri, 18 January 2008 13:12 Go to next message
Gator is currently offline  Gator
Esquire
Hey, hey,

Everybody's heard by now that Dr. Phil is being investigated for practicing without a license and violating doctor-patient privilege.

What I'd like to know is how is that news? When you broadcast people's problems to 300 million homes across America, doesn't that tend to violate doctor-patient privilege?

Everyone on the Dr. Phil show has had their doctor-patient privilege violated. What took the California Board of Psychology so long to figure this out?

Later,

Gator

Re: Dr. Phil [message #59248 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 31 January 2008 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Yeah, I knew about this when he started with the BIG "O", I wonder if she will lecture him on the air like she did the author FREY from the book "A Million Little Pieces". Dr PHIL is JOKE at best!! I think all the little SHEOPLE need him!!! They can have him!!

Re: Dr. Phil [message #59249 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 14 February 2008 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granch is currently offline  granch
Viscount
I have not been following this on the air since I don't watch "Big O", but to answer your question. Doctor-patient privilege would not be violated if 1. He had patients permission or 2. never identified the patient under discussion. If he is not a doctor, then probably the same rules would still apply. As to practicing without a license, I'll leave that to the AMA.
-Dick

Re: Dr. Phil [message #62691 is a reply to message #59245] Sat, 15 May 2010 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drummer is currently offline  Drummer
Chancellor
People realize that their problems will be broadcast for millions to see and hear and make opinions. But these days you can sue for just about any and everything .
Re: Dr. Phil [message #62705 is a reply to message #59245] Sat, 15 May 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mavare
Baron
Yeah, remember when the lady sued McDonald's for having the coffee hot? She got a couple of million dollars out of that one and now McDonald's has to have a stupid sign on their drive through and on their cups that say "Caution: coffee is hot". Well duh! Ya Think? Laughing
Re: Dr. Phil [message #62917 is a reply to message #62705] Thu, 27 May 2010 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TLC123 is currently offline  TLC123
Chancellor
What I want to know is how Dr. Phil could have been around for some many years without anybody knowing he was practicing without a license? Seems like someone should have known by now.
Re: Dr. Phil [message #62991 is a reply to message #59245] Sun, 30 May 2010 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyrica is currently offline  Lyrica
Chancellor
As far as doctor Phil goes...I remember he had a "family in crisis" on there about 8 years ago. The 16 yr old daughter was pregnant and I guess they'd turned to him for help. He and his staff have been working with the family for years, with occasional update episodes. Since the intervention, the parents are now divorced, the girl has struggled with drug addiction and it just goes downhill from there. I just wonder how destructive having your whole life chronicled by some "tv psychologist" has been. Seems to me all the "publicity" would only compound problems for the family. His motives to "help" don't appear to be very altruistic.
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63047 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 03 June 2010 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaBase is currently offline  DaBase
Baron
I use to watch Dr. Phil but I don't anymore. I think he is smug and thinks he knows it all and I want to shave that caterpillar off his face. I don't know why anyone would want to go on his show and talk about their "problems" with him.
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63362 is a reply to message #63047] Fri, 09 July 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I am watching Dr. Phil as we speak. Sometimes it can be a very interesting show. I don't understand how it took all that time for people to realize he was practicing without a license. Was he ever practicing with a license to begin with?
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63364 is a reply to message #63362] Fri, 09 July 2010 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

So you can watch Dr. Phil at work but you can't listen to music there? Not even on headphones? That just seems kind of odd to me. Where do you work?
Previous Topic: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British?
Next Topic: Loud Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:04:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout