Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Kudos to our law enforcement / government
Kudos to our law enforcement / government [message #58987] Fri, 11 August 2006 15:59 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Kudos to our law enforcement / govt. folk. ewhaven't had a single attack since 9/11 on American soil. They are doing a lot of right things. My hat goes off to them.
-akhilesh

Re: Kudos to our law enforcement / government [message #58994 is a reply to message #58987] Sat, 12 August 2006 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You're either smoking crack or not paying much attention.

Re: Kudos to our law enforcement / government [message #58998 is a reply to message #58994] Sat, 12 August 2006 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Just acknowledging a fact: no terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/11.
Just as if there were an attack the law enforcement / govt would be blamed (witness the 9/11 hearings) surely we can take our hat off to them for safeguarding us.
For every left wing blog there is a right wing blog.
-akhilesh

I don't think you caught the point [message #58999 is a reply to message #58998] Sun, 13 August 2006 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Left or right wing blog has nothing to do with it (did you click the video?)

The video is a story by MSNBC about a classified government report dating to March this year. At the direction of Congress 21 airports were infiltrated and mix-and-use bombs carried onto airplanes undetected. Just like the guys in London are supposed to have been planning.

21 airports - and only this weekend do we screen for those types of materials.

There have been three significant terrorist attacks on US soil and two of those involved Muslims trying to topple the World Trade Center towers. The third was domestic and in your own back yard.

No terrorist attacks since 9/11? Thats five years. After WTC 1 there were no foreign-based terrorist attacks for 12 years, but according to neo-con folklore we weren't paying any attention at all to the threat.

So what kind of credit does the Gov't deserve for no attacks in the past 5 years? "Do nothing" and nothing happens for 13 years - why would you expect another attack in the past five years?

I don't want to seem like I'm berating you into some sort of attitude adjustment, I'm not. Your thoughts are your own. I am trying to clarify the point of my post.

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59000 is a reply to message #58999] Sun, 13 August 2006 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I see your point of view. I disagree with it, of course, since thanks to the inactivity of those years you seem so fond of, we now have allowed a determined enemy to arise.
But hey, as you said, to each hisown.
-akhilesh

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59001 is a reply to message #59000] Sun, 13 August 2006 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The enemy came about as a result of the rumsfeld and his bungling in Iraq.

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59003 is a reply to message #59001] Sun, 13 August 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't like getting involved in political discussions because it tends to exaggerate our differences. But I think it's important to point out that this conflict isn't new at all, certainly not a result of anything done this century. Remember the Iranian hostage crisis in the 1970's?

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59004 is a reply to message #59003] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Of course; but how does that tie in with invading Iraq? No WMDs and promises from our leader that we would be welcome with open arms. Remmember "The War Is Over" on the landing deck stunt?
Now there are estimated over 200 deaths of Iraqi's every day. Big help we were to all their families. Civil war is happening as we speak and the best option they can see is to split the country three ways. So tell me what exactly did we acomplish here. No silliness but a real thought on this. From the heart; not the blog.

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59015 is a reply to message #59004] Mon, 14 August 2006 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't get this whole "WMD" deal. Seems like a talking point on both sides and I don't like it. Too divisive. Every nation has weapons of mass destruction. Even some gangs inside nations have weapons of mass destruction. The real problem is whether or not a nation, group or gang is an enemy and whether or not they'll use them. I mean, look at Hezbollah. They're not even a nation, they're just a group inside a nation and even they have some pretty strong missiles. So I don't get why this has become a talking point for either political side. It's a distraction, something to argue about if you asked me, and nothing more.

Re: I don't think you caught the point [message #59016 is a reply to message #59015] Mon, 14 August 2006 04:05 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well the WMD thing was the original "reason" we invaded Iraq; right? I don't think any reasoning person anywhere will state catagorically that that was a good idea anymore. So that is the point; a phony reason to invade a soveriegn nation; and we see how that has turned out. What is the death toll now and they are talking about splitting the country three ways as the only way to extricate us from this mess of lost lives.

Previous Topic: Did Someone say Fox News Is Unbiased?
Next Topic: It is scary to think the Bush administration is allowing the terrorists into our southern borders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:13:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio