Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Steps taken by the executive branch to protect us as Americans
Steps taken by the executive branch to protect us as Americans [message #59013] Sun, 13 August 2006 19:30 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nice link here:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/homeland/index.html

Str8 from the source, so to speak.

Also, apparently this has resulted in several attacks being thwarted.....my intuition is we are facing alot more terrorist attempts now, after 9/11 than before, in the 1990's.
The fact that we have not had another episode in the USA is creditable to the current government, esp the executive branch.
My kudos to them.
-akhilesh

Re:Yes; George beat them off with his light sabre [message #59014 is a reply to message #59013] Sun, 13 August 2006 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This is getting more and more amusing.

Re:Yes; George beat them off with his light sabre [message #59017 is a reply to message #59014] Mon, 14 August 2006 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

"This is getting more and more amusing."

You are too serious, MB - kids must have their own fun, heroes, comics books, TV-shows and movies...

Re:Yes; George beat them off with his light sabre [message #59018 is a reply to message #59017] Mon, 14 August 2006 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes; I just read a comic book two posts up. And remmember this is from a guy who posted many times in the past about how much he doesn't like the Federal Government and The Law Enforcement people. If you search the archives you can find all the negative comments on our federal government and our law enforcement officials.

Political opinions [message #59026 is a reply to message #59018] Mon, 14 August 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm the one that's a Libertarian thinker, so you may have confused my comments with Akhilesh's. I think Akhilesh may lean somewhat towards Libertarian views, but I think he is conservative and probably votes Republican. I don't recall him ever being down on Law Enforcement or Federal Government. I do recall him stating conservative values.

I think he's "having us off" as the Brits say [message #59027 is a reply to message #59013] Mon, 14 August 2006 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The best one is the Padilla case. Remember when he was first arrested? His parole officer said "that idiot couldn't make a dirty taco, never mind a dirty bomb".

Re: Political opinions [message #59028 is a reply to message #59026] Mon, 14 August 2006 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No; I am pretty sure of what he wrote. It may be an extreme version of how he actually feels but the words are there. It don't make him a bad guy; he's allowed to think anyway he wants; but if you read clearly he did make those statements.
So you consider yourself of the Libertarian persuasion ehh? Can you elaborate somewhat on that?
Also a libertarian philosophy has nothing to do with Republican or Democratic views as propounded by the major political parties. It's a philosophy not a platform.
As I understand the basic tenents of the Libertarian viewpoint it means that personal and property rights of the individual trump any governmental interference with them as long as you respect the rights of others.
That could not be argued since everyone wants to be free to do what ever they need to do to be happy and prosperous. But in the end who will be the arbitrator of what actions infringe upon anothers right to be free?
If you like to play speed-metal music at high volume at 6am on Sunday mornings; your nieghbors might get upset. Thats why we have laws and ordinances and police and government to enforce my right to be peacefull on Sunday morning vs your right to play speed-metal music.
Libertarianism works if people are basically reasonable. Too bad they are not.
But no I don't think I confused your Liberal philosophy with Akhilesh and his Republican views.

Re: I think he's "having us off" as the Brits say [message #59029 is a reply to message #59027] Mon, 14 August 2006 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Look at the Brits and what they are saying about our enforcement capabilities. Basically according to some of their statements they say; Thanks but no thanks; we can handle it.
Do you think they have no faith in our abilities to catch terrorists?
Say; where's Osama?

My Political opinions [message #59031 is a reply to message #59026] Mon, 14 August 2006 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm an independent voter.
With libertarian views.
I vote either way, depending.....
-akhilesh

Re: Political opinions [message #59034 is a reply to message #59028] Mon, 14 August 2006 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: No more reading or posting here in Dungeon or Tower
Next Topic: Crop circle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:52:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers