Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Survey
Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58947 is a reply to message #58946] Sat, 05 August 2006 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats confusing to me. Are you in a seperate province like we have states over here? Like here we have wealthy states and poorer states like Missisippi or Louisiana where they don't even care if a whole city drowns.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58948 is a reply to message #58947] Sat, 05 August 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Something like that - the state is divided in 20 counties. Some of them didn`t have much war damage, and if only have a political representatives who are just a little bit interested for community and not only for their interests, those counties made progress.
But, my county is ruined with organized crime (local politicians) and with indifference of the central governement, maybe even cooperation in "money drain" operation... Plus complex political games - all in all, my county has nothing to do with this tourism success...or anything.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58949 is a reply to message #58948] Sat, 05 August 2006 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Can you move around fairly freely within your borders? Oh; if anyone jumps ahead in the thread I'll get you off-line.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58950 is a reply to message #58949] Sun, 06 August 2006 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yeah, no problem with that - in fact, everyone who can run away in the capitol (Zagreb), or some other EU state. In just a few years, Zagreb became the (almost) only place where you can have normal life, jobs, fair wages and some perspective - the place for political, economic and cultural "elite". Total centralisation of money and business.
And our district (and some others) in just a few years became the "twilight zone"...

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58951 is a reply to message #58950] Sun, 06 August 2006 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is it family that keeps you there?

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58952 is a reply to message #58951] Sun, 06 August 2006 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes, family, laziness and obstinacy - I didn`t run away during the war, and don`t want to now...I know that I`m wasting my life here, but this is my country - we can`t all just run away. Anyhow, my people slowly diminished, wars losses, emigration (political and economic), less born then died for decades...unjust political and economic systems through the centuries probably have something to do with it...

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58953 is a reply to message #58952] Sun, 06 August 2006 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
What? You don't want to become like our Mexican nieghbors? Abandon their families and homeland and invade another mans home instead of making their own home better?. I would like to re-produce this post and send it to the Mexican embassy; so the illegal aliens running out on their country can see what real human beings do in a tough situation. I am going to print a building size billboard of what you said and post it on the border to shame those useless deserters. Amazing; simply amazing.
( Just kidding; but I wish I could send this out to the whole country.)
You and guys like Charley staying the course in a tough place; good stuff.

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58957 is a reply to message #58953] Mon, 07 August 2006 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, relax, MB - nothing really brave in staying at home and looking in the PC screen...
And probably I still can "afford" this way of thinking, `cos I have a home, and wife and I still have our jobs...

Re: Survey - more idiots [message #58961 is a reply to message #58957] Mon, 07 August 2006 07:53 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey; no hiking this summer?

Previous Topic: This economy has the fed all twisted up
Next Topic: A little beach reading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:28:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio