Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth.
Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58702] Thu, 15 June 2006 10:01 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Now,( finally!) that we all agree the people are the government maybe we can move on to some more interesting stuff; like the changing demographics of western state voting patterns and how the Democrats may become the dominant party in some of the previously certified Republican states. Just as what happened to the south during the Reagan yrs.
Thats a very interesting subject.
This November what will the hot button topics be? Will bush's obvious move of drawing down a portion of the troops until after the election help the contested states Republican candidates? Will the pandering to religous groups through the marriage and school control issues sway voters to their side; or will people see through that and vote the man not the party?
The Southern Baptist Convention has floated an initiative to provide aid to evryone of their flock who remove their kids from public schools; any thoughts on that?

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58703 is a reply to message #58702] Thu, 15 June 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My God, John, was that what this was all about? You wanted to "prove" your point that the "people are the government"?

Go back and read how republics work. No point in discussing this further.

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58705 is a reply to message #58703] Thu, 15 June 2006 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats O'Kay; I learned it in school. Remmember I posted the dictionary definition earlier so we know what the story is. But thanks for the suggestion.
If there is any doubt we can re-read the thread and see exactly how they work.
I mean really;;without voters/candidates and the Constitution we don't have a republic do we?
But thank god thats settled and we can do something new.

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58708 is a reply to message #58705] Thu, 15 June 2006 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No offense, it's just that these political discussions always put everyone off.

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58709 is a reply to message #58708] Thu, 15 June 2006 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I don't see why. I think people get more upset about their favorite team than what kind of government we live under.
I just like to speculate about politics; like a game. But there has to be some rules. If people can't agree even on what our government is then the conversations won't be of much interest.
It would be nice to hear thoughts about the things I brought up in my post.

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58710 is a reply to message #58709] Thu, 15 June 2006 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
No offence, but that kind of political discussions are so painfully boring, that dentist almost looks like a good alternative...

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58712 is a reply to message #58710] Thu, 15 June 2006 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
That wasn't anykind of political discussion. A political discussion deals with the behaviour of the body politic; we never even got to that. The beauty of politics is it represents a window on the big picture concerning the ways of man; the only thing worth talking about.
The best description of politics is done by Willy Shakespeare; every possible political probability lies in his plays.
So our political landscape tells everything anyone would need to know about what it means to be us; what else could be as compelling a topic of conversation?

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58718 is a reply to message #58712] Thu, 15 June 2006 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No problem for me John, I'll joust with you. theres almost 40 forums on this site alone. This one happens to be one of the most active, as boring as it is.

Re: Pheew; That was a tough one. Like Pulling Teeth. [message #58719 is a reply to message #58718] Fri, 16 June 2006 06:28 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I appreciate that Bill; and you know; it has a lot of activity and I don't think it would be boring if we could get past this obvious stuff that everyone knows about already and get into something that requires some thought.
For what reason we have to hammer and belabor the obvious endlessly is anyones guess; there seems to be this incredible resistance to admitting the the simplist truths about our country that we all should have learned in grade school but once we get done with explaining the simple shit then it should be more enjoyable.

Previous Topic: Referndum and The People
Next Topic: Followup: What Is a Republic?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:11:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio