Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Anyone concerned about this?
Anyone concerned about this? [message #58004] Thu, 23 February 2006 07:12 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Scary.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58014 is a reply to message #58004] Thu, 23 February 2006 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
YEah, CC & Sony are killing their own business wioth short sighted greed.
I have stoppedbuying major record labels.
I buy independent now.
-akhilesh

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58016 is a reply to message #58014] Thu, 23 February 2006 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The problem with that is what if you like one of the major artists? Thats like a bit of a problem since by denying yourself the purchase of that artist it kind of kills the point of the hobby of music so to speak.
The article is about the hijacking of live concert tapes; which I happen to like so as usual I'm screwed there.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58022 is a reply to message #58014] Thu, 23 February 2006 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with you AK. I buy used cd's. Rare occasion for a new major label. mostly just wait till I find a used copy.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58026 is a reply to message #58016] Thu, 23 February 2006 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"The problem with that is what if you like one of the major artists?"
Then stop to liking large greedy Industry and their servants. Independent bands, small companies, cheap CDs and Internet-downloads - I can see the whole "scene" of "punky" kids...very "consciousness" what`s the real thing and what`s "gay"...

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58027 is a reply to message #58026] Thu, 23 February 2006 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I buy a lot of music; because I like it. I tend to buy used or wait for sales and I have the Barnes and Noble 10% off card so that helps.
But I still like to buy the music I like and I am not about to stop buying the music I like to protest the greed. Then what? You only live once so you have to listen to what you like now; because you ain't gonna get another chance at it.
Unless it isn't that important to you in which case it doesn't really matter then.
Of course there is the point that you can't listen to all the music in one lifetime; thats for sure.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58029 is a reply to message #58027] Thu, 23 February 2006 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I understand - my point was that large music companies and their boy bands and "supergroups", their MTV...aren`t everything.

"Unless it isn't that important to you in which case it doesn't really matter then."
Exactly

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58031 is a reply to message #58029] Thu, 23 February 2006 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I'm looking over your post on the group build. I think I'm getting it; you have a good way of explaining things.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58034 is a reply to message #58022] Fri, 24 February 2006 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That's right, BIll. I buy used on the major labels as well.
Have you checked out www.cdbaby.com?
Great site for indie music.

Re: Anyone concerned about this? [message #58035 is a reply to message #58034] Fri, 24 February 2006 11:42 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Nope never checked it out. We have a place in town here thats huge. Called the record archive. cd's are all five bucks and vynal is anywhere from 2 bucks on up for high end collector stuff.

Previous Topic: I agree with Akhilesh; Let him speak
Next Topic: Wal-Mart CEO dictates Policy To Governers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:54:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout