Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » If I ever did half the stuff I get accused of..
Re: and if you want to use genuine Honda rods.... [message #57790 is a reply to message #57788] Thu, 05 January 2006 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Shit, these days they all ask what make and model first. Try and ask for a part by its specs and they all seem to get a glazed look on their faces. Machine shops are naturally pretty technical but parts houses aren't. That has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, but me and my hotrod car buddies always talk about how things have changed at places like Napa and AutoZone.

Re: and if you want to use genuine Honda rods.... [message #57792 is a reply to message #57790] Thu, 05 January 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
napa and autozone

year, model, make, number of cylinders.... and the guy looks it up on a computer.

mine was for the knowledgeable racing community... here a good parts house or engine builder will be quite fluent when you say you want that crower with the 1.85" journals and he will know your lookin' to use a honda rod.

for your mom and pop car... at Manny, Moe, and Jack's (PEPBOYS) just have the vehicle ID card with ya... cause the guy behind the counter was working at Burger King last week.

msl

HA! [message #57795 is a reply to message #57790] Thu, 05 January 2006 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
from Wayne:That has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about

No kidding...and the idea that there is some risk of confusion between the part I have, and Mike's is a bit foolish. I would also say that somebody looking for the whole Magnaquest experience should go to Magnaquest. I certainly don't want such customers. Nor am I willing to give such service( I wouldn't be able to sleep well ).
cheers,
Douglas

Re: HA! [message #57796 is a reply to message #57795] Thu, 05 January 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
clarification: I don't want *ANY* customers.
cheers,
Douglas

sorry but.... [message #57797 is a reply to message #57795] Thu, 05 January 2006 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
you should have said...

Anyone looking for real (not copies, fakes, frauds, etc) Peerless or MagneQuest transformers should go to MQ.

that would be a correct statement.

msl

Re: and if you want to use genuine Honda rods.... [message #57798 is a reply to message #57792] Thu, 05 January 2006 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Ain't that the truth.

Nope... [message #57799 is a reply to message #57797] Thu, 05 January 2006 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I said what I meant. The whole treatment includes paying up front, waiting months, dealing with you. That you happen to label your copies with the original name is something your customers can pay you for as well.

That and your "correct statement" is also incorrect.

Not having customers is quite nice. Nothing to get in the way of sharing good audio.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: creativity.... [message #57800 is a reply to message #57776] Thu, 05 January 2006 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
I've been following this argument, off and on, for months. I agree with a post Doug made further down; this whole argument is personal.

It think its quite apparent, that while Doug's e-linear design started life as Mike's Peerless S-265, the poduct delivered, HTS-7952-2, is quite different. I think most of us understand that Doug started with your design because it got him the closest to where he needed to go. But we also understand that the tranny Heyboer delivered is no more a Peerless design, than the ST-70 clones that Uncle Ned offers are a Dyna design. Are they close? Yes they are. Are the Heyboer's superior to, or inferior to the Peerless units? I guess that would depend on circuit, use, loyalties, and a million of subjective factors that make us choose one product over an other.

I guess my question in all this is; are you upset because some one, any one, reengineered one of your products, or are you upset because it was Doug who did this?

You both have a lot to offer those of us who are much less experienced. That you guys disagree on just about every thing is evident. But the opposing veiw points can be very instructive to many of us. I doubt Doug is ever going to be a threat to your bottom line, Mike. While he may do things that you find difficult to swallow, he's not in competition with you. His redesigns of other peoples products are for his own use.

So.... can't we bury the hatchet, in nuetral ground, and move on?

Joe

Re: Now you/we/whomever can add one more thing to the list [message #57801 is a reply to message #57789] Thu, 05 January 2006 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You're not a sigher also; are you? Thats so weak; if you have an opinion I enjoy to hear it; if not spare me your sigh's; they reflect poorly on your position. It's like a woman.

Re: parsing of language.... [message #57802 is a reply to message #57787] Thu, 05 January 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; all that is self evident but beside the point.

Previous Topic: Happy new year, creatures!
Next Topic: Another old tower :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:40:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout