Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » just say no to shimano
Re: Deja vu [message #57582 is a reply to message #57579] Thu, 22 December 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
As a mature adult and a moderator you should be able to take some criticism. I said that the forum is basically... moribund. And it is. One project.... the Merlin gets spammed several times a week... take that away... and what's it got to offer?

And your attitude that I should only go to the forum if I want to build Doug's amp... I did not think it a forum dedicated to the works of one individual.

And bashing manufacturer's and allowing their trademarks to be abused under your watch and with your guidance would not ever be much of an encouragement for other manufacturer's or industry people to become involved. In fact several have told me they consider GB to be like a cesspool and just hope they are not picked as the next victim.

msl

Re: misuse of trademarks [message #57583 is a reply to message #57580] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yes, all those problems arose from the fact that I rejected to ban Douglas for using "modifed, E-linear version of old Peerles S265Q design, made by Heybour". I`m not a judge, lawyer, nor a psychiatrist - I can`t solve your personal (and maybe legal) problems with Douglas.
All I can, I`ve already done - I warned you both several times through the forum and privately to not abuse GB forum for arguing, then deleting takes place.

Re: misuse of trademarks [message #57584 is a reply to message #57583] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
what your banning me because you can't follow the rules?

I thought wayne was pretty clear about use of trademarks.

Or am I being banned for asserting my trademark rights when you have allowed such to be misused?

that seems like a good playground for the rolex copy cats to play in and if rolex says anything then they are BANNED.

there is a much simpler solution Damir... which I have shared with you via email several times.

Tell Doug he can not make any reference to the trademarks or attempt to use the good will of others. That he should assign this transformer his own part number or use a Heyboer part number.

See how simple that is.

msl

Wow... [message #57585 is a reply to message #57582] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I hope that those "victims" friends of yours won`t "sockpuppeting" and trolling the forum, like you did before.
And I think that "Merlin" is a good and innovative design, as well as new transformer/mosfets based buffer. And I`m working on "conventional" SE 300B amp...and Colin on SE 811-10 amp. We are just the hobbyists, without too much time. I`m working on my amp when I feel like it, from time to time, and don`t feel that I must apologize for it. This is a small forum, but with good people/atmosphere. At least till you came there.

Damir's latest moderation miscues... [message #57586 is a reply to message #57583] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Just saw this evil string come down a few minutes ago.

You be the judge of who was flaming who in this exchange which just took place a few hours ago.

Here is the original post in the thread;

Posted by PakProtector [ 64.12.116.65 ] on December 18, 2005 at 17:35:57:

::::Or I could just ask the manufacturer...but most don't even post Cw numbers.::::

to which I responded;

Posted by MQracing [ 141.151.13.134 ] on December 22, 2005 at 08:06:33:

:::what is the Cw of the HTS-7457 ct choke?::::

to which one hour later Damir wrote;

Posted by Damir [ 213.202.96.181 ] on December 22, 2005 at 09:12:16:

In Reply to: what is the Cw of the HTS-7457 ct choke? posted by MQracing on December 22, 2005 at 08:06:33:

::::Mike, stop that childish game - you are no longer desirable here.
Please, go away - you have your own forum.:::

to which I responded to Damir thusly;

Posted by MQracing [ 141.151.13.134 ] on December 22, 2005 at 12:47:57:

In Reply to: Re: what is the Cw of the HTS-7457 ct choke? posted by Damir on December 22, 2005 at 09:12:16:

Damir:

On Dec 4 Doug posted the following;

"...good engineering design is not defeated by publishing specifications when asked."

"getting a straight answer OTOH..."

so I am only asking Doug that which he has demanded of others.

So... I believe that your personal attack in unsupported and unwarranted.

msl

at which time Damir deleted the thread except for Doug's post.

Unbelievable. I'm banned? The mod should ban himself for flaming.
It was totally unprovoked and gratuitous.

Some folks just don't know how to handle any power... and can only abuse it.

msl

Re: misuse of trademarks [message #57587 is a reply to message #57583] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
So I can go on the GB forum with a new brand name.... say... Elinear transformers... and you will let it ride?

Or would there be two sets of rules?

What about another merlin amp... I don't think it is a federally registered trademark.

As Wayne pointed out... ownership of trademarks goes to he who uses it first in commerce. Both the Peerless namesake and the model number have been in continuous commericial use since 1948 or before.

read what wayne had to say about trademarks and ART policy regarding trademarks.

msl

Re: Damir's latest moderation miscues... [message #57588 is a reply to message #57586] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you think that by continuing your game here you`ll achieve something, ban people you don`t like, choose/manipulate the moderators, and get some support from the owner of the forum or/and people from GB - then you forgot that you are no longer in your AA "base" where you have some influence through sponsorship... You are just troll here, nothing more. Return in your sponsored forum in AA, please.

How simple that is... [message #57589 is a reply to message #57584] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
...to just doing what you told me... but, I refuse the manipulation... and you must spamming/trolling... how sad...

Re: misuse of trademarks [message #57590 is a reply to message #57587] Thu, 22 December 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I have no doubt that you`ll continue trolling through sockpuppets.
Don`t want to talk in Wayne`s name, but my feeling is that you`re very wrong in your thoughts that he is somehow on "your side"...

Re: Damir's latest moderation miscues... [message #57591 is a reply to message #57588] Thu, 22 December 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Master
more personal attacks by Damir.

Not an ounce of rational discussion of the issues
at hand.

Just the impugning of character... and this from
a moderator?

So why did you take down a simple post which asks

only "what is the Cw of HTS-7457 ct choke"

forget about the millions of dollars which corrupted the
heart and soul of AA--- or any other fantasy which you
may be harboring...

just tell us... point out from the published rules which
secific rule the post above allegedy was in contravention
of...

thank-you... let's try to stay on topic, please.

msl

Previous Topic: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity."
Next Topic: statutory and common law regarding fair business practices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:30:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers