Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Jobs Americans are unwilling to do
Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57463] Wed, 30 November 2005 06:54 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I see our leader has decided to allow undocumented or illegal residents to apply for a guest worker program that would grant them amnesty to live and work anywhere they want in the U.S.A. Gee; isn't that what they do now?
So how will he deal with the overcrowded schools/housing shortage/overcrowded hospital and health care facilities plagueing the ares where the illegal residents live?
How will he compensate the local taxpayers for shouldering this increasingly onerous burden?
And another thing; how will he track the existing undocumented aliens who committ crimes and disappear?
And where are these jobs no Americans want anyway? My son wants a job to help pay for college. He wants to do landscaping or construction; except he is frozen out from those jobs by the grown men who will work cheap and send the money back home.
I have at least 12 couples here who remmember doing this work over summers and holidaysd to pay some tuition. Any employers out there need a citizen to work these jobs they tell us no citizen will do? I have a couple of good workers here.

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57464 is a reply to message #57463] Wed, 30 November 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yes, I hope this measure is defeated in COngress. I plan to write to my senators & Congresspeople about it, I suggest you do the same.
This is an important issue that transcends party lines.

After spending 15 years to legally become a US citizen, I find it particularly irritating that lawbreakers may be allowed a free ride.

-akhilesh

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57465 is a reply to message #57464] Wed, 30 November 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Absolutely. Their motives are so transparent; driving down wages for the rest of the working population. There is a huge debate here about illegal hiring sites; where illegals gather to wait for contractors to cruise by and pick them up. No citizens allowed, you will not be hired. One guy was photographing the standees for a newspaper and in front of a dozen illegal, unlawfull aliens the cops gave the photographer a ticket for creating a nuisance. There were later found an escaped felon in the crowd that was photographed.
I had some work done in my home last year and two guys shopwed up to do the work; both undocumented. One guy complained because he doesn't like dogs and I have one. The dog did not approach either guy but he still refused to work. The contractor called to complain.
I asked for green cards; he changed his tune real fast.
You have a legitimate and serious complaint. Why are people of repute and responsibility like yourself punished by forcing you to undergo such rigorous requirements while others waltz in like they own the place.
Bush speaks with forked tongue; he doesn't care about the real issue's; he just wants to keep labor cost's down for his corporate sponsors.
On the news just now they are stateing the results of a new study about anchor babies; those children born here of illegal parents. The study say's one out of ten newborns in this country are born to illegals. And now their parents have rights of citizenship by virtue of the children.

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57466 is a reply to message #57464] Wed, 30 November 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with both of you. You should point to this link and what manualblock also said below when you write them. I seen a small segment about this on the news and the only people that bitched were the mexicans because it's true and they didn't like the billboard.
Bill W.

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57467 is a reply to message #57466] Wed, 30 November 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
OOps forgot the link.

Dam link still didn't work [message #57468 is a reply to message #57467] Wed, 30 November 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here we go again.

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57472 is a reply to message #57465] Thu, 01 December 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"On the news just now they are stateing the results of a new study about anchor babies; those children born here of illegal parents. The study say's one out of ten newborns in this country are born to illegals. And now their parents have rights of citizenship by virtue of the children."

Actually, John, parents don't automatically get citizenship or green cards just because they give birth here. After the child turns 18, he/she can sponsor the parents. That's a long wait!

I think your point about doing this to drive wages down is interesting. What is even more interesting is that most right leaning folk are possibly even MORE dead set against this amnesty idea of Bush than lefties. This is an issue that transcends party lines, and unless COngress stands up to Bush on this one, they will be in trouble.
-akhilesh

Re: Jobs Americans are unwilling to do [message #57473 is a reply to message #57472] Thu, 01 December 2005 18:35 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes thats correct; the Anchor Baby thing. We had a guest worker program here since 1934 called the Bracero Program. Never worked and some say it was the impetus for the current flood of people crossing the border like it doesn't even exist.
I don't see anything as a right or left issue. Thats always been the hardest point to get across to people. What do I care if you call something a right or a left. Those labels exist in order to divert attention from what really matters. It is really a money issue like everything else is.
Look at the lobbiest's in Washington who are pushing this guest worker program. All fronting for the corporate interests. They have no allegience to any political point of veiw except how to make more money.

Previous Topic: Abramoff/ DeLay and the End of Days
Next Topic: The ultimate gift for holidays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 06:50:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout