Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » The Evil of Cencoreship
The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57214] Tue, 18 October 2005 10:09 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I would like to say something about the creeping tolerance for censoreship here in our country. Not to detail the specific instances because I am sure we all know it goes on.
Why is it a bad thing? Well because it destroys trust. If you have to second guess everything you read; then how can you trust anything you read? It demeans those who practice it and it destroys the credibility of those who abide by it.
Even in small seemingly unobtrusive ways that appear initially to be harmless the insidious effects have a half-life that eventually poisons all possibility of truth.

All censoreship is predicated on reorganising the facts to suit the agenda.
I would rather hear the most terrible truth than the happiest lie.

Hey; look at Iraq..how many dead based on censored reports?

Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57215 is a reply to message #57214] Tue, 18 October 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

take forum moderation for example

Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57216 is a reply to message #57215] Tue, 18 October 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Clifton is currently offline  Tony Clifton
Esquire
I don't give a rats nut sack about no freaking censorship. Some bastards tried to take me off the stage, I pop 'em right in the keezer. Shmucks just can't do it for their wives like I can so they get snappy like a goddamn TOADFISH! If there's one thing I caaaaant stand it's making a big freaking deal outta nothin.
Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57217 is a reply to message #57215] Tue, 18 October 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Anyway you look at it. Wait; I am a moderator; let me check that site!

Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57218 is a reply to message #57216] Tue, 18 October 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
since you bring it up. You're known to make a big deal out of nothin.

Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57219 is a reply to message #57218] Tue, 18 October 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Clifton is currently offline  Tony Clifton
Esquire
That's what Andy said when I fucked his girlfriend Lynne. Somethin' about loyalty, what a load of SHIT! I had to sue the little bastard. He thought he was a BIG freaking star. I was tired of him using my good name to get places!! So I fucked his girlfriend and now he's dead dead DEAD! I gotta be me, I gotta be me. Thank you very much.
Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57220 is a reply to message #57219] Tue, 18 October 2005 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You know we can see who you are. It's called IP locator. No hiding now.

Re: The Evil of Cencoreship [message #57221 is a reply to message #57220] Tue, 18 October 2005 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
john, send me an email if you have a chance

Moderator 2 [message #57222 is a reply to message #57217] Wed, 19 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This site?

P.S. Remember "Catch 22" book, and fucked-up mail censor who erased nouns, werbs or pronouns in letters, depends of the mood... ?

Re: The Evil of Censorship [message #57226 is a reply to message #57217] Fri, 21 October 2005 10:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you asked me, there's a difference between censorship and tolerance. You'll find codes of conduct in public malls, libraries, churches, places of business, everywhere. Many of those places have rules against solicitors and most have rules against lewd behavior. It isn't that people are censored, but certain behaviors aren't tolerated in certain places.

If a guy wants to act like a slut, he should to a whorehouse, not to a church, library or department store. If he wants to talk about the performance of a Corvette, he should go to a Chevorlet dealer or an automobile club. He shouldn't go into a Ford dealership with a megaphone, unless he wants to look like a boorish buffoon. He'll probably get shown the door, and it isn't because of censorship.

Previous Topic: Here`s one more... :-)
Next Topic: Anyone in my administration involved in leaks will be fired. G. Bush
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:34:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio